Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Print to Tape" feature of MSP6.5 does not trigger DVDMax

Hi,

Ever since upgrading to MSP6.5, the "Print to Tape" feature is not picked up by DVDMax. Also, the video displayed on the monitor is choppy. Under MSP6, this was not a problem.

The temporary solution I found was to create a video file. Then, the file gets played with that feature.

Does anyone know how to correct this? Should I turn off instant preview or similar?

Thank you

What OS? What Dirvers and Powerdesk versions?

I'm having a different set of problems under W2K with 5.71 nad MSP6.5 than I did with MSP6.0 nd 5.52

--wally.

Comment

I'd turn off Instant Preview since that throws the preview display into Video for Windows instead of DirectShow. DVDMAX needs DirectShow.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Thanks for the info Doc. I'll give it a go tonight.

Wally, I am using 5.39.019 drivers and 2.04.015 vt under Win2K.

So far, MSP6.5 is playing much nicer with my system than MSP6. All in all, I'm glad I purchased it.
        Last edited by AndrewDV; 1 October 2001, 14:45.

Comment

Don't forget to try using the Storyboard, export to AB roll and cut on cue. Those can save you a LOT of time.

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

OK, different hardware. I'm using DVDmax on a G450 dualhead. You must have a Marvel or eTV since you're using video tools.

--wally.

Comment

Wally,

I am using the G400-TV. I do not use it for video capture (just can't get it to capture right in Win2k), but for its excellent DualHead.

Doc,

I am a fan of the storyboard. I liked the simplicity of storyboard layouts since using MGI VideoWave. I do have a couple of questions about it:

1-Can I create more than 1 storyboard? From what I can tell, the folder must say "Storyboard" for it to have the A/B copy menu item turned on.

The reason I do this is to manage a project as multiple sequences. Right now, I create a folder for each sequence. When I'm done, I clear out the current storyboard and copy in the sequence. Then, I use the A/B copy option to move everything into the timeline with a 1 sec overlap.

It certainly would be nice to create layered storyboards (kind of like a directory structure). This would be more organizational.

I did find a small annoyance. When looking at the storyboard with the files as thumbnails and no border, the clips can go off the window and there is no scrollbar. In other words, the window is not big enough to hold all of the clips and I can't scroll over to get them. The workaround I discovered is to turn on borders when viewing files as thumbnails.

2-Is there a way to set a default transition in the storyboard? Most of the time, I use the same transition for each storyboard. As I understand, Fast has something like this.

3-It's about time MSP has a cut on cue/position feature! MGI VW had this way back when. I sorely missed it when moving to MSP. Those little conveniences make this a worthy upgrade!

Thanks
              Last edited by AndrewDV; 2 October 2001, 04:24.

Comment

AndrewAV;

Nope, only one level of Storyboard. I will pass on the suggestion to the MSPro project manager though as it's an excellent idea for 7.0.

No default transititons YET, but it is on the "to do" list...and that is becoming some kind of list

Premiere 6 also has a default transition in its Storyboard. When I'm editing on the RT-2000, which uses Premiere 6, I usually set it to a crossfade.

I *totally* agree about the cut on cue/position. It's one of those features that once you use it you wonder how you got along without it before.

Now for the Storyboard problem you are having;

I don't have any problem with this. If I have the borders on (usually don't) I get rows, columns and a scroll bar. If set for thumbnails I get the same thing. Same with the list view and discription modes.

I have no idea what's going on on your end. I'd probably repair the installation.

Dr. Mordrid
                Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 2 October 2001, 05:02.
                Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Thanks

Just a bit more info on the problem with files going past the window border. If the listing of files forms a grid of 4 rows down and 5 columns across, the 5th column is off the window. In other words, the issue surrounds the last column only. Playing around with the window size helps, but gets annoying.

Comment

Working...
                  X