Problems with G200+RRG+WINXPRC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with G200+RRG+WINXPRC2

I am having a bunch of problems running my TV Tuner from my RRG and basically anything else that tries to display video on the screen (WinDVD, Real Player, Quicktime, Media Player etc.)

Basically if I run the TV and anything else, the picture gets garbled (that is, from the other application, not the TV tuner). I am running all the latest drivers, and I was wondering if anybody else was having this problem.

Yeah I know Win XP is not scheduled for release till the end of October, and there are a whole bunch of driver issues, but this should NOT be happening!

-X-
    ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Apple Powerbook G4 - 1.33GHZ

I hate to say it, but if you'd looked onto Matrox' driver page you would have noticed that there's no support planned regarding the RR-g and WinXP ...
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

I agree that there won't be any drivers for the hardware capture capabilities of the RRG, but the TV tuner should be pretty similiar to the G450eTV
      ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Apple Powerbook G4 - 1.33GHZ

Comment

No, I don't think so. I think that they are using a different tuner chip (and the G450 does a lot in software that earlier boards did in hardware).
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Try the final windows XP - it has working drivers <I>built in</> for the RRG

I found on my RRG system that it only worked if I did NOT overclock at all - even though the rest of the system ran 100% stable overclocked. (Celery 300a@450 been running for years - XP+RRG doesn't like it )

Comment

Working...
          X