Lost the will for meeces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost the will for meeces

I had a clients system in shop the other day and he doesn't use a mouse.. he doesn't have PS/2 and his com-port was used for an external modem.

After putting a second com port into his system... I hooked up his system to my 2 Port Mon/Key/Mous Sharing Switch .

My little switch isn't serial mouse friendly... so even with an adapter it didn't work (I have a new one coming in on moday hopefully.. a 4 port one that supports USB/PS2/and Serial). that all told and the fact that I had sold our last serial mouse an hour earlier... I was stuck using just the keyboard for complete windows navigation.

Its amazing how fast you can do stuff with just keyboard shortcuts and the accessibility option mousekeys turned on.

Now half the time I don't bother with the mouse at all...

At home its a different matter... (Slowly changing everything to wireless...)

Anyone want to help me design a wireless powersupply... LOL
    Last edited by cbman; 29 September 2001, 06:35.
    AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
    AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
    Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
    Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Just don't forget that wireless mice suk at gaming due to the lag they impose.

Wireless power wouldn't be impossible, but the fact that you would be radiated on and the losses of such are great.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Its ok... its all for my good compu..... I mean for my wifes computer

sigh....

AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
      AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
      Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
      Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

hmmm cbman, i keep looking at the fact your wife took the good pc, i'm lucky my future wife is happy as long as she can surf, check email and play tetris
        - so she's running an amdk6-2 -
        while i get to keep the pIII 850, the celery 800 and celery 700 all for my self
        Dan

I do suspect i will need to get her a wireless lan connection tho - here pc is at the other end of the house and she doesn't want 20m of lan cable running up the hall
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
          Just don't forget that wireless mice suk at gaming due to the lag they impose.

Wireless power wouldn't be impossible, but the fact that you would be radiated on and the losses of such are great.
          They make a perfect tool to drive people to insanity for first person shooters (and who are used to playing with a non-cordless mouse).

- Frank
          ....who already has experienced some advanced forms of insanity because of this

Comment

Working...
          X