VG640 industrial card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VG640 industrial card

I have a VG640 card that got zapped by static and died. I replaced the video memory on the board and it will work for a while but, then locks up and won't pass a video ram test. Any suggestions on what to change next? I tried to find another card and can't find one any where. Help. Thanks, Steve

Who makes it?... skip that
    It appears to be used in an AIRSAR system for NASA... out of production (?) and I'd suspect no support. I did a search and cannot find anyone who has it even in surplus circles

Last edited by Greebe; 28 September 2001, 23:52.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Yes, please enlighten us.
      My best guess is that if this is a Matrox product, that it might be part of a surveylance/security system, though I cannot find anything on Matrox's site matching that model number....

If this is a Matrox product, you will most likely be better helped by Matrox themselves, as this user group (not directly affiated with Matrox) is primarily users of their consumer cards, not their imaging stuff...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Yeh. This is a Matrox card used in a PLC on a press made in about 1987. Press manufacturer said they can exchange it for about $6000 but that does include shipping. A bit much for me. I've seen these before at an auction, A whole box of junk, went for about $3. I'am still trying to fix the old one. Hey, thanks for your help. Steve

Comment

Working...
        X