No announcement yet.

Ok. Nerds have gone too far this time!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok. Nerds have gone too far this time!!

Check this out...

Makes me sad to be a trekkie.

amish
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

I think it's a good idea

To ask for a new theme. I agree that it sounds like I am suddenly watching the bridges of Madison county or some crap like that.
    A computer is like sex. Your never 100% sure what your doing but when all goes well, it feels REAL good.

Comment

I liked the song!

Sorry, the song isn't by The Calling. That's the song on the commercials. The theme is "Faith in the Heart" by Rod Stewart

amish
      Last edited by Electric Amish; 29 September 2001, 09:09.
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

I though trekkies were supposed to be smart, with all that space stuff... oh well, they really are just a bunch of nerds...
        Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Hmmm

Heh, sorry dude, but I didnt like it. But I would ignore it since I liked the show a lot myself. Definitly has good potential for me.
          A computer is like sex. Your never 100% sure what your doing but when all goes well, it feels REAL good.

Comment

My wife, a long time trekker, almost gacked at it. I'm pretty neutral about it, but I can't stand the sight of her turning green every week.

2 votes to dump it.

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Whahuh?

I've watched all four series and 9 movies over many a year. Over the years I've probably seen most of the shows. Am I a nerd? No. I find the people who dress up in the cotumes to be seriously disturbed. I must admit, though, I was once considering trying to be a borg for Halloween but then I realized how stupid a homemade costume would look.

That song was excessively irritating. Of course, some people like it, but some always do. The show itself was better than expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                My wife, a long time trekker, almost gacked at it. I'm pretty neutral about it, but I can't stand the sight of her turning green every week.

2 votes to dump it.

Dr. Mordrid
                Mrs. Mordrid is a smart woman. Buy her flowers and candy, please. You can charge them to my account at the MURC Bank.

Rod Stewart. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Who can I sue.

Paul

Comment

She gets candy and flowers on a regular basis. She deserves them given our 3 year olds propensity to cause trouble (climbing hutches, disassembling furniture etc.) on her watch.

Strange thing is he's a quiet as a church mouse on my watch, but then he knows how much hell Daddy can bring down on him

Dr. Mordrid
                  Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 28 September 2001, 20:19.
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

An awful song to go with what looks to be yet another awful show, at least for the first 2-3 years, which is exactly how long new Trek series take to become watchable. I just hope the acting isn't as bad as TNGs was (3 years of HORRIBLE acting is too damn long).

Bart
                    Bart

Comment

Oh c'mon. It can't be as bad as Voyager...

"We have technology which can send you home. We don't want you to use it, but we won't stop you from doing so..."

"No, as captain of this ship I must respect your wishes and not use the technology..."

GOD DAMN POLITICALLY CORRECT BULL <expletive>!

I hate Janeway, and I _REALLY_ hate that show.

- Gurm
                      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                      If only life were as easy as you
                      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                      I would still get screwed

Comment

great song, as a song. NOT for the opening theme to Trek!! Dang it!! Hehe, my wife liked it tho LOL, not me. If Mr Courgage is not going to do it, at least get his understudy.
                        AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                          Oh c'mon. It can't be as bad as Voyager...

I hate Janeway, and I _REALLY_ hate that show.

- Gurm
                          But at least Star Trek Voyeur had Seven of Nine, and lots of low angle camera shots of her lycra clad rear end...
                          Not to mention her low cut red dress in the holodeck towards the end of the final series.
                          Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I don't care how nice Jeri Ryan's body is/was, because from the neck up SHE'S A MAN, BABY!

- Gurm
                            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                            I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                            X