Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I,M discouraged

What has happened???

-I use to visit this site several times a day and read general hardware, gamers, matrox, and soap box forums. There was always new and entertaining information that helped me expand my knowledge (to help others) or fix a problem I was having with a game or some type of Matrox or other hardware.

-Now I can stay away for a week and hardly anything has changed, except for the soapbox ( even it not as much as it use too).

-I have my reasons for why I think this is true just want to see what some of your opinions are.

Well hopefully it won't be too long and we will have something else to talk about that will be of more interest to you.

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

The entire market is in that anemic mode. Even I'm at a loss for new ideas (well not entirely, right EA?!

Give the computerworld about 3 months and I'm sure things will look much brighter (and faster) on many fronts.
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

You're never at a loss for ideas....

No matter how outrageous.

amish
        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

There used to be a lot of Matrox activity to bring people here. Things have been fairly mediocre on that front for some time, so its only a hard core of regulars who have stayed, IMHO.

Several of us have reasons for seeing a bright horizon, so stay tuned for the return of the glory days!
          FT.

Comment

I think the whole HW/SW market is in that state too ... there isnt a really new Matrox product, and most problems with the G400/G450/G550 have allready been solved ... occasionally a game causes some problems, but they`re solved soon, and the software ... well, there isnt a new Windows OS (except XP, but it too isnt officially released) for us to tinker with ...

I`m with the others who say that once M releases a NEW card, the Gaming/MHW/GHW/SW section will come to life again (well, you have to admit that GHW/SW is still popular and rather full with new stuff ... )
            Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

Yeah, it seems like GHW/SW and the Soap Box are the most active forums these days. Assuming Matrox releases something awesome soon these forums will be more active again.

Comment

Yes... something that will make the joys of gaming return.

Comment

Yeh come on Matrox give us a unreliable card so we can debug it for you.
                  Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Soon enough there will be a ... *ahem* can't say.

And a ... *erm* you know.

- Gurm
                    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                    If only life were as easy as you
                    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                    I would still get screwed

Comment

"Soon" is always the key word. You ought to know it.

Comment

* Chuckles politely... *

Soooooooooooon. Mmmmmm.

I am Homer of Matrox. Resistance is futile. Prepare to be... OOOH! Donuts!

Trust me people. Just a little longer now.

- Gurm
                        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                        I would still get screwed

Comment

The whole damn industry is in a slump right now, and the WTC attack has only made things worse. Matrox' refocusing (sp?) on business products and giving up on gamers MUST have had SOME impact on the slowdown in the non-Soapbox fori. And all the hint dropping in the world aint gonna convince ME that Matrox will produce a card that will come within 1/1000th of the Radeon 8500. That is gonna be one HELLUVA card.

Bart
                          Bart

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm

- Gurm
                            Eeeeeeexcelent!
                            Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                              Just a little longer? As in 2 more years?

Comment

Working...
                              X