Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display defect: Do you have this?

(edit: removed the pic)

this happens on some websites when I scroll down. Try for example the above site:

Mikrobitti on tietotekniikkaan erikoistunut lehti, joka antaa syvällistä tietoa laitteista, palveluista ja ilmiöistä. Mikrobitissä testataan ja vertaillaan tietotekniikan kiinnostavimmat tuotteet.

Had this both with G200 and G450 w2k newest drivers, not with other brands of video cards.

ideas?

Hege
    Last edited by Hege; 30 September 2001, 01:56.

try to diable smooth scrolling.

Comment

I can reproduce the same effect in Eudora: select a long e-mail, scroll to the bottom of the mail and then drag the seperator-line between the preview-pain and the message-list a bit up. Repeat several times.

Actually, I only get this with the RichEdit control and the Internet control of Microsoft and I've seen this with both a G200 as a G400 with different drivers.

Not a big problem to me though.

Comment

I had that too and most of those occurences went away after updating Internet Explorer 5.5 to SP2 ...
        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
        Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
        be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
        4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
        2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
        OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
        4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
        Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
        Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
        LG BH10LS38
        LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Smooth scrolling is disabled already, and all the IE patches installed.

Well, I guess I can live with it. Just wanted to know it's a Matrox specific bug.

Hege

Comment

if your using a logitech mouse update your software i used to get that problem but it has since gone away
            DFI NFIIUltra 400
            756Ram ATI 9550 256mem
            Lite-On DVDR/RW/DL
            Windows XP pro
            msn messenger id: gchisel
            Be aware that a halo has to fall only a few inches to be a noose

Comment

Logitech Mouseware, arghh
              Talk about scroll being broken, and somehow it fuXx0r5 with hardware pointer. I have given up on them.

Sorry for the rant

Kim
              P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
              Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

Yep, got a logitech mouse, but I already have the newest mouseware.

And yeah, the scroll wheel is useless, at least with IE.

Comment

Originally posted by Hege
                  ... And yeah, the scroll wheel is useless, at least with IE.
                  Bull ... I live by the WebWheel and have for several IE versions. I've never seen this corruption unless my whole system hung. I'm using a G400 Max and a Logitech MouseMan Wheel.
                  Last edited by xortam; 29 September 2001, 08:35.
                  <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

HOW can you live without the wheel?????

Best regards
                    Tor

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
                    Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

I prefer having no wheel. I still use the Logitech Mouseman+ (3 buttons, no wheel). For gaming, it's better for me. Wheels usually don't have very good precision for whatever you're trying to use them for, and it's hard to press the wheel down without turning it.

3 nice, flush, evenly-pressured buttons for me. I should stock up on this mouse.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

thats strange since ive updated my software to version 8 some time ago to version 9.4 now i havent had any problems with the scrolling wheel with IE .....strange. you guys must verbally abuse your hardware and its taking revenge on you
                        usually in games I use the wheel to select a different weapon so it works great for that.
                        DFI NFIIUltra 400
                        756Ram ATI 9550 256mem
                        Lite-On DVDR/RW/DL
                        Windows XP pro
                        msn messenger id: gchisel
                        Be aware that a halo has to fall only a few inches to be a noose

Comment

I didn't mean the wheel is useless because of that display bug, it only happen every now and then on some sites, regardless of the way i scroll the page.

The wheel is useless (IMHO) because of the delay. When you scroll the wheel, it doens't instantly get where you scrolled it. It's too slow. This makes me instinctly scroll more, and as the scrolls are buffered, when the screen finally gets to the right spot of the page, it scrolls over it.

And as I said previously, I have smooth scrolling disabled already. It helped a bit, but not enough for me.

Hege

Comment

I haven't seen the display corruption, but with every other version of MouseWare I get the wheel delay. This can remedied by changing the number of lines to scroll forth and back, but it has to be done in every Windows session.

But no matter what version I use, I always get an annoying "stutter" when scrolling.
                            Is this what can be fixed by disabling smooth scroll?

Kim
                            P5B Deluxe, C2D E6600, Scythe Ninja, G.Skill 2GBHX
                            Raptor 150x3, Plextor PX-760SA, X-Fi Elite, 7900GT, 21" CM813ET Plus, CM Stacker

Comment

I use a mouse produced by the evil empire, and I have never had any problems.
                              Best regards
                              Tor

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
                              Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Working...
                              X