Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem ahead for G450/500

Well, well........

I have just read what I have heard from one of Norways bigest importer of computer eqipment... ATI's new card, the Radeon 7500 will be a big problem for Matrox if they don't release a next gen card soon. Here is a link to a rewiev for the Radeon 7500

This card has Matrox like 2D quality, is faster than a GeForce2 PRO in 32-bit 3D, feature Hydravision v2.5 (ATI's DualHead) an have same external connectors like the G550 from Matrox

I will take the price in Norwegian Kroner (NOK)
    ATI Radeon 7500 64Mb (Given by ATI) 1700 NOK
    Matrox G550 32Mb (Retail) 1300 NOK
    Matrox G450 32Mb (Retail) 1100 NOK
    ASUS v7700 GeForce2 PRO 64Mb (TV-O)(Retail) 1900 NOK

What do you think will be MAtrox's response to this......

Nothing, absolutely nothing.

regards MD
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

I'm not worried too much about it...the G550 in the USA goes for about $100 bucks which isnt bad at all for a general Purpous video card for Business use. a Radeon 7500 on the other hand is going on $180 for a preorder price. That price difference makes a huge difference to OEM customers that Matrox is shooting for. I think we should be plesently suprised by Matrox in the coming months, as our messah should come .

Scott
      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Apart from a salesmans rant and a minor nod by Haig, we still know nothing about Matrox's next gen. For all we know it might just be a revamped g550 with 128bit ddr. Personally no one has given us any real clue about its existence and I certainly dont believe those whispers about it being with us this year or that it will be the dogs gonads. Truth is this, when it comes to high-end gaming the latest offerings by ATI and nVidia make them the main players and they will be for the next 12 months.

As an aside, my main vid card for the past year has been a Radeon but when I feel the need to change I would like it to be with Matrox. Unfortunately for them I will be using ATI cards for the foreseeable future.

regards Michael
        Interests include:
        Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

mdhome

Matrox likes to surprise people..
          They like to lie low for a long time and then come with a *BOOM*
          G400 historic replay comm'in up I reckon.

Comment

Hello JF
            Nice to see you here. I'm sure they will, but someone has to play the devils advocate

regards MD
            Interests include:

Comment

But your avatar shows you're just an ASS
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Howdy mdhome,
                Where have we met before?
                ..as in how do you know me?

Comment

Hiya Greebe
                  Ass by avatar, ass by nature

JF, I recognise you from Beyond3d. I tend to view the site rather than write

regards MD
                  Interests include:

Comment

At least I'm not a Jack...
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Hey! when this turned from discussion to disgustion?
                      "Dippadai"

Comment

Originally posted by mdhome
                        Unfortunately for them I will be using ATI cards for the foreseeable future.

regards Michael
                        Unfortunate for who? Surely not anyone I know.

Rags

Comment

Working...
                        X