Utility to enable YUY2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utility to enable YUY2

I've written a utility program that will enable YUY2 in VideoTools for Win95/98.
    I've just sent it by e-mail to Chris, I hope he'll post it on the download page.
    Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Good man!
    but does it work on RRS?

Comment

It should work on all Marvel and RainbowRunners!

Comment

It should be up sometime today

Comment

What version(s) of PD and VT does it work with?

--wally.

Comment

Where can I get it from? I looked at
            http://www.desktopvideoworld.com/

Which I thought was Chris' site and it wasn't there. Have I got the wrong site?

Could you E-Mail it to me? Or upload it somewhere else? Please.

Tinnes =)
            Get paid to surf http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=MAC649 it really works. Free Money.

Comment

Hey, some people are just Toooooooo impatient. The net's been bloody appalling the last 24 hours or so, I haven't been able to get it done.

OK, it's there now, check http://www.desktopvideoworld.com/Downloads/yuy2.zip

Comment

Hi Flying Dutchman,

Tried your YUY2 patch with Mystique220/RRS and got an “Error – could not apply modification”.

Any ideas?

The vcap16.dll wasn’t in “c:/windows/system” it was in “program files/matrox mga powerdesk/rainbowrunner”. Could this have been the problem?

I’m only curious, because the MPEG1 results I get after converting from mjpeg leaves a lot to be desired.

Thanks,

Nick.

Sys: Win98se, P3 450, 128 RAM, Aopen AX6B+ m/b, SBLive, Teac 56 CDR, Aopen 48x CDROM, Fujitsu 4.3 boot drive, Quantum bigfoot 12GB, Maxtor 40GB 5400. Powerdesk 4.31, Videotools 2.10. plus cheap PCI modem!

Comment

All recent versions of videotools for windows 95/98, and probably all future versions will work. The program searches for the hidden YUY2 button in vcap16.dll and makes it visible. It also enters "VIDC.YUY2=RRICM.DLL" in the system.ini because this dll can capture and read YUY2 format.

After this patch, you can capture YUY2 with any program (except pc-vcr) and edit the files in premiere/media studio pro; please note that RRICM.DLL is as yet unable to play YUY2 format files to screen. Overlays work, however.
                  Windows media player can play this format, so this need not be a problem.
                  You can capture YUY2 seamlessly into multiple AVI files using AVI_IO, import the whole bunch into premiere/mspro and make a very good quality mpeg-1 VCD file using the appropriate plug-ins! Working with uncompressed data gives you stunning quality!

Comment

That should be the problem- I wasn't aware that different versions of Matrox software install this file into different directories!

Which version do you use? The last five or six videotools versions (5.XX) all installed this file into c:\windows\system on my PC !!!

By the way, you can probably help yourself by temporarily moving the file to c:\windows\system and then apply the patch. Then move it back!!!

If the program still reports "can't apply the patch" that means, that there IS no hidden YUY2 button in the DLL - probably a too old version!

Can anybody please let me know if his VCAP16.DLL isn't in \windows\system, and please mention the videotools version?

Comment

Hi Flying Dutchman,

Yes the Video Tools I’m using are old (2.10) with P/Desk (4.31), but they are the latest for the RRS. I tried moving the vcap16.dll to windows/system, but still no luck.

Thanks for you help anyway,

Nick.

Comment

Hi Nick,

I don't know if your version already contains the yuy2 feature. I tested mine
                        with videotools 1.50 - 1.52 for the Marvel.

could you mail me the vcap16.dll file so I can look into it?

please use: arthur.hoornweg@planet.nl.net
                        and omit the ".net" , which I append for "spamrobot" purposes!

Comment

Sorry This_Idiot but you said you would put it up like that day and I went to the place the day after and it wasn't there. I wasn't having a go at you I just didn't know if that was the right place or not.

Sorry Mate

Tinnes =)
                          Get paid to surf http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=MAC649 it really works. Free Money.

Comment

I can confirm that the vcap16.dll of the RRS doesn't have YUY2 capabilities, so these users are out of luck. It certainly works with videotools 1.50-1.52, though.

Nick Piercey took the experiment to see if the vcap16 version 1.52 works with the RRS, but that doesn't seem the case.

Comment

Bloody hell, full res capture in YUY2 is like 19MB's. Thats a lot!!!!!. You would also need a very fast HD to pull that off without any dropped frames. I think I will stick to MJPEG.

Comment

Working...
                              X