Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing Sig again!

test
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Why is everyone testing the sig over in the site feedback forum?
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I'm doing it because there isn't a test forum! Anyone know how to change the font on the sig box after your message? Mine is way too long!

Scott

Comment

Well i think a font control should be able to do what u want to do. Just add a <FONT SIZE=-2> before your sig and add a </FONT> after.

Spazm
        P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

The problem I have with sigs is they're not static, i.e. you change it and all past posts reflect the change. I was using the sig for my PC specs, which change over time. I now have to go back and "hard code" the specs in past sig postings.
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
            I'm doing it because there isn't a test forum! Anyone know how to change the font on the sig box after your message? Mine is way too long!

Scott
            Thats why we have the S box however a test forum would be nice!
            According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

is it *really* thet important that you go back and update every old message you've written just cause you bump up your cpu a few more Mhz?

personally, if i wanted to read a page of you bragging about your comp, i'd ask you for one, but you going back to constantly update everything seems like you are both shallow, and have a whole lot of free time on your hands.

p.s.

my computer is faster and with more ram

Comment

Why the hell would you even want to ut your system specs in your sig??? No one is interested use your sig for a more "personal" your name for example or quote some famous person etc.

Comment

Originally posted by hippie91
                  is it *really* thet important that you go back and update every old message you've written just cause you bump up your cpu a few more Mhz?

personally, if i wanted to read a page of you bragging about your comp, i'd ask you for one, but you going back to constantly update everything seems like you are both shallow, and have a whole lot of free time on your hands.

p.s.

my computer is faster and with more ram
                  I document my system specs to help others with similar problems as well as document for those who may be able to help me with my problems. You're probably having feelings of your own inadequacy if you feel those specs somehow are bragging. I consider all PCs to be somewhat toys considering my mainframe background. AFA free time ... yes, I've got plenty since I have been successful at my profession and I can afford to take off for a few years now and then.

Originally posted by Guru
                  Why the hell would you even want to ut your system specs in your sig??? No one is interested use your sig for a more "personal" your name for example or quote some famous person etc.
                  Again, this is a forum to offer help and get help from others. I liked to be able to simply click on the "Show Signature" option for times when my specs were pertinent: I rarely include them.
                  <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Jeezee I ask a simple question a get berated about my sig...oh well it doesn't matter since the script or what ever the forums are run in automaticaly updates all the sigs that might use at one time.

Scott

PS Spazm_1999 thanks for the info

Comment

I can't change me sig
                      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                      X