Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Creative SBLive! 5.1 Win2k drivers

this time for real

according to users in the sblive newsgroup, they fix smp, sp/dif passthrough and a load of other problems that have plagued the sblive! since the first win2k drivers for them.

According to a creative tech support representative, they also should work for a load of other creative cards than just the live 5.1, but only not officially (yet)

These drivers will install on Live! and PCI 512 cards with the following
    model numbers:

1. CT4760
    2. CT4830
    3. CT4832
    4. CT4870
    5. CT4872
    6. SB0060
    7. SB0100
    8. SB0102

These drivers will not install on the following models:

CT4620
    CT4670
    CT478x

thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Thanks for the link I'll give these a spin.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

any chanse of these working on a CT 4850??
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

These drivers kill the Creative Launcher when I click the Volume tab..
          There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Hey Lucid, cool avatar you have...

These drivers really sound nice since they seem to fix most of the things that annoyed me about my Live. But for me the wait was too long so I've ditched the SBLive and got a much better Crystal based Terratec.
            But we named the *dog* Indiana...
            My System
            2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
            German ATI-forum

Comment

The drivers are on the US site now. Unfortunately I have one of the original CT4620's, so these drivers do me...NOTHING!!

NOT A DAMN THING!!!

Jammrock
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I'm a try these. What's the build #. The ones in XP (which give me surround sound when I select Quadraphonic Sound in Control Panel) are 3300.
                [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

v 3227

DAMN YOU CREATIVE!!!! Not anyone has upgraded their Live! to the 5.1 versions. It´s unbearable that creative doesn´t provide any kind of support for the oldest live!s out there.

I was already using a v3300a hacked version floating around that also breaked the creative launch tab. Now I got official drivers from creative, older than the ones I already got, that break their own drivers also. How sweet. Someone please give a medal to these fine gentlemen.

Comment

Medal Awarded. I shall extract the drivers and use device manager to update to them, as soon as I go back into win2k. Enjoying XP too much right now. I tried to test product activation just now by typing oobe/msoobe /a in the run box. The result? Product already activated
                    Last edited by DentyCracker; 22 September 2001, 16:56.
                    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

here's an even newer release, ripped form winxp, thus unsupported by Creative in any other OS:

(3507 was the emu10k.sys build if I got that correctly)

Comment

Working...
                      X