oh goody no XP drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh goody no XP drivers

This is now the second time that I have brought a Matrox graphics card that is less than 2 years old and I am going to have to throw it away in 1 months time.

Yes I am upgrading to XP and I have a G400 Marvel TV.

Why is it that whenever you want a reasonably priced integerated TV/Video recording solution you always get screwed and find that no one bothers to update the drivers.

What with all the hassle with Windows 2000 drivers and not getting the full use of the card in this environment I am totally fed up with Matrox.

Ok they make good hardware but if they are not going to bother to write the software to go with it, then it is not worth buying their products.

When was XP released I have been paying attention to it?

Comment

What, Ant...you don't live in the future?

Jimw,
      Since XP HAS NOT been released yet, and Matrox has stated many times that they aren't going to release drivers for it until it is officially released (currently scheduled for Oct 25), I don't think there is any use in complaining about it at this point...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Oh, I think jimw read the driver matrix at http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/dr...test/home.cfm,
        it says that no drivers is planned for the G400-TV in XP.

My G400MAX will be supported even though I don't intend to upgrade to XP anytime soon. (Isn't that being self centered or what

Comment

I have a copy of the full ver of XP. It is out for corp. members.

Jeff
          -We stop learning when We die, and some
          people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
          Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
          - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
          - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

I have XP home, and at work. At work, I use the new WHQL drivers from Matrox's page for my G550

And home I use the drivers that shiped with Windows XP for my G400 MAX. Still waiting for Matrox XP drivers for G400.... No beta drivers for me........

Comment

I'm also eagerly waiting for a full driver release for WinXP for my G400MAX... Only drivers that are stable are 5.32 WHQL for Win2K. Any other driver gives me sudden freezes and occasional screen corruption followed by a complete system halt. Anyone solved this, or do the other drivers work fine for you guys?
              5.32 drivers won't run OpenGL apps in XP... At least not in my setup...

Comment

Working...
              X