Counterstrike with G400/XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counterstrike with G400/XP

Anybody here successfully playing Counterstrike with a G400 and Windows XP?

I am using the built-in default drivers for WinXP, and my FPS in CS is pretty low (20-30 fps). Also, i have wierd problems with the game freezing when pressing ESC in-game, and options not saving. Finally, I got my first-ever blue-screen crash under WindowsXP while playing CS. The blue-screen noted that g400.dll caused the crash.

I am hesitant to install the 5.71 Win2000 drivers because people here say they don't support OpenGL and cause dual-head problems under WinXP.

Anybody with their own experiences to share, I'd be grateful to hear. Thanks!

Hello,

Yep I have/can play CS with my G400 MAX in XP, but no longer in opengl mode only in d3d mode. I haven't installed the 5.71 drivers as of yet.
    I noticed a post today about the XP drivers for the G550 have been released so hopefully the G400 XP drivers will be out at any time now - as soon as poss I hope.

If u are using opengl try d3d it let me play CS for now.

seeya...................

Robbo

Comment

Hey Robbo, thanks for the reply, but I think i've ALWAYS played in Direct3D mode. Whenever I choose OpenGL, CS always tells me that "my videocard doesn't support that mode". Even if I run in 800x600 resolution!!

So I currently am running in Direct3D, 1024x768 resolution.

Do we need to use TurboGL from Matrox? It probably doesn't support XP...

Comment

Working...
      X