Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In reply to 'This Idiot'(RRG + G400 Max)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In reply to 'This Idiot'(RRG + G400 Max)

In reply to 'This Idiot'(RRG + G400 Max)

I have installed the G400 Max and I works nicely - on its own - although it's on the 'device manager' there is no mention of it in the 'add/remove progs'?
    When I install the RRG v tools tells me 'matrox display driver not detected' and 'no matrox board detected'.
    I don't know if this is referring to the RRG or G400 Max.
    The RRG is not on the 'device manager'
    The G400 shares IRQ 11 with my sound card and PCI steering and I can't seem to change any of these.
    I have been able(using MediaStudio and Adobe 4.2) to do a bit of basic editing but although I can print to the monitor etc.(exporting as Quicktime) I can't get it on to video.
    Is there a combination of drivers and vt's I should use???
    My system - Athlon 550, Asus K7M MB,160 RAM, 17 G HD.
    May be some day ALL things will be compatible!!!

Many Thanks Paul
    paul

Hi Paul,

OK, it's a start. Did you follow all Matrox instructions when you installed the Max ? You need to uninstall all old drivers first. Then install the Matrox Powerdesk.

Hopefully after that you'll get the RR installation to recognise the Max drivers. If not then we'll have to do some more research.

Comment

Hi This Idiot

In a state of desperation last night I formatted my HD and installed the G400 Max from scratch. It works fine(duel monitor and tv out etc). The only glitch was when installing DirectX 6.1 the message 'DirectX setup error - 14' appeared??? Then it came to the RRG's turn. Message - 'Current display driver doesn't support matrox video software setup can't continue' then 'no matrox board detected'. I await in anticipation for your reply and for the next battle to commence(the war seems to be in the balance).

Yours Paul
      paul

Comment

Paul,

I can't immediately think of a problem that should cause this, especially after a fresh OS install.

I've asked Olliver to take a quick look at your symptoms. Fingers crossed

Chris

Comment

Chris - Olliver - Anybody please help!!!
          I am a desperate man and will try anything.I need a solution quickly before I go and do some thing crazy and buy an Apple Mac.

Paul(who does most humbly beseech you all)

paul

Comment

OK Paul

If you've installed the 5.52 drivers at any time, completely remove the them with the uninstaller then make a search for pd*.* from safe mode and delete these files.

Then install only a VGA driver and reinstall the patches that came with your motherboard. You'll need the AGP miniport and Bus Mastering drivers.

Also make sure that his powersupply is on AMD's recommended list.

That should be enough homework for a little while.

Chris

Comment

To Chris

I done all that you asked of me but this time I installed G400 5.14 and every thing went fine.I then installed 1.52 RRG VT's(off net) and was able to output to video!! Hallelujha. So my next question is - What is the method
              for best quality output to vhs (mediastudio) and can I or should I input digital video to the RRG.

Again Many Many Thanks Paul
              paul

Comment

HI Paul

Alls well that ends well. The RR-G won't take digital input, you'd need a firewire or DV capture card for that (plenty of advice on the forum about those at the moment).

"Best quality" seems to vary depending on who you ask, but the method I use is to capture in max PAL (704*576), make sure all my project settings are the same and then use timeline playback (ie hit "enter") to squirt the smartrendered AVI down the TV-Out.

There are lots of other ways too.....

Comment

Working...
                X