OT: Bush's speach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Bush's speach

O.K., first sorry to start another thread related to the terrorist attack.

But I really have to wonder: why are so many Americans disliking GW Bush?
    I just saw his speach and have to say regarding the IMO extremely difficult situation he did a very good job.
    Being (kind of) insightful but still very clear, determined and sometimes a bit threatening.

Would you really like to have one like Gore instead (here we call those "Technokrat")?!?
    We in germany have way too many "Al gores" as politicians that are soooo politically correct (officially, that is)...

Better a person that says something arguable from time to time but really means it than someone giving always statements with the single purpose to please everyone while personally he might be thinking totally different.
    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
    My System
    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
    German ATI-forum

GWB hit this one out of the freakin' park. If you watched closely he even had that crusty old Democrat Sen. Byrd choking up.

Gore would still be trying to figure out what to do and checking with BC about how to do it. Given that BC didn't do s*** about this for 8 years.....

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

You said it, Indiana. I'm very proud of our president. Strength, calm, and most important, utter resolve is absolutely essential for us all in this crisis, and his only course is to lead by example. He delivered on all counts. Bravo, George.

Comment

The speech was truely his best. Even though he sounds like an idiot most of the time and I didn't vote for him, I support hih as our President and I support his actions.

Dave
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

They say a man grows into the Presidency when challenged by a crisis. It happened with Kennedy with the Cuban missile crisis. It happened with Truman when Roosevelt died and he had WW-II dropped in his lap.

If George Bush meets and takes charge of *this* series of events he'll have quite a place in history;

the President who led the country through WW-III.

Make no mistake about it: if this war is as wide ranging and covers as much territory as it appears it will there is no other term that fits.

Dr. Mordrid
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 20 September 2001, 23:20.
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I tried to tell you guys that GWB was OK. I live in Texas and knew a little more about him than the average person. He isn't dumb like people like to say, he is just not one of those "slick" political guys that you are use to seeing. He is a very effective leader who will do the right thing for the country.

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

And I think he made it pretty clear, that is as far as we are concerned, that this is not about religion but about justice for the murder, and it can't be called anything else, of thousands of innocent lives around the world by a bunch of cowards.

Joel
              Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
              Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

It was simple & clear. That can be a good thing.
                chuck

PS. I'm not about to say anything bad about Bush until the war is over.
                My head may explode, but, I ain't sayin a word.
                Last edited by cjolley; 21 September 2001, 06:10.
                Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive." - President George W. Bush

I love this President he talks to the people, not the Technocrats..

Paul
                  "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Yeah, that one brought a chuckle here too.

In the farm region I grew up in it's called plain speakin'. Rare in politicians.

His comments when he visited the WTC site were in the same language, and the rescue workers loved it.

Dr. Mordrid
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

The terrorists practice a fringe form of Islamic extremism that has been rejected by Muslim scholars and the vast majority of Muslim clerics; a fringe movement that perverts the peaceful teachings of Islam.
                      Well said. I'm glad the people in D.C. have more than just a basic understanding of Islam. Now if only the American people can figure out that not all of Islam is bad.

I wonder what will happen when the US presents their evidence to the Taliban.

Jammrock
                      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock

Well said. I'm glad the people in D.C. have more than just a basic understanding of Islam. Now if only the American people can figure out that not all of Islam is bad.

I wonder what will happen when the US presents their evidence to the Taliban.

Jammrock
                        I haven't read that we are going to present evidence to the Taliban. We are going to present info to the Pakistanis. Hopefully, that will filter to the Taliban indirectly.

I think the next direct communication to the Taliban is going to be a smiley face painted on the nose cone of a cruise missle.

Sorry for the glib statement.

Charles
                        System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Comment

Maybe glib, but true. I think GWB's done talking to those idiots.

As for the US folks understanding Islam, the only folks around here that have a problem with understanding Islam are the delinquent types. But then they have trouble understanding most things requiring an IQ over 40.

The *GROWN UPS* have done business with the large Middle Eastern population in these parts for years (Detroit, Dearborn etc.) and have no problems with either the Muslim or Caldean folks. Period.

Many of them are our neighbors too, and good ones they are.

A LOT of those in our Islamic & Caldean community have already volunteered to help the FBI & CIA with translations in their efforts to root out the terrorist network. As soon as these agencies put out the request for help they were flooded with volunteers.

Dr. Mordrid

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 21 September 2001, 10:29.
                          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

As a Canuck, I have a question about Bush: why does he seem to HATE Canada? What am I missing? He gives this great big speech about all these other countries that are the USA's friends, and doesn't mention once the country he shares the continent with. I'm told his dad didn't much care for us either.

Bart
                            Bart

Comment

Originally posted by The Rock
                              As a Canuck, I have a question about Bush: why does he seem to HATE Canada? What am I missing? He gives this great big speech about all these other countries that are the USA's friends, and doesn't mention once the country he shares the continent with. I'm told his dad didn't much care for us either.

Bart
                              The reason he mentioned the UK is because they had leaders come over for the speech.

I don't think that either one hates Canada, they don't even give the impression. I think some of it is projection.

Rags

Comment

Working...
                              X