Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sorry but I just have to post this.

NEW YORK (AP) - The number of missing in America's worst terrorist attack soared Thursday to 6,333, with hundreds of foreigners added to the list of victims feared dead beneath the crumbled World Trade Center.

The number had been 5,422 for several days.

Mayor Rudolph Giuliani said the sudden jump reflected reports of foreigners buried after two hijacked jetliners brought down the twin towers Sept. 11....

...Giuliani acknowledged that the 2,000-degree fire caused by the explosions of the two planes and the implosion of the 110-story towers make it likely that some victims will never be recovered...

...In all, 63 countries are believed to have victims in the rubble.

According to the mayor, the British consulate said 250 British citizens were missing. Officials at other consulates also provided grim numbers Thursday: Germany, 120 to 150 missing, four confirmed dead; India, 91 missing; Canada, 35 to 50 missing; Japan, 24; Australia, 20, with three dead; Colombia, 20 missing, with one dead; and Philippines, 19 missing.

The bodies of 241 people have been found so far. Of those, 170 have been identified by the coroner. There were funerals Thursday for eight of the more than 300 city firefighters lost in the attack...

...The mayor said 6,291 people were injured in the attack and more than 80 area hospitals treated people afterward. At least 30 remained hospitalized at five Manhattan hospitals that saw the majority of patients following the attack...
    Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

The numbers in Ashcanistan will be much higher.
    chuck
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

do you really think that over 6,333 people have been in some or more degree directly responsible for this act of terrorism?

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
        do you really think that over 6,333 people have been in some or more degree directly responsible for this act of terrorism?
        I don't . But I do believe they have many more than that in military uniforms protecting the leader of the organization that committed this crime.

Burn.

Rags

Comment

dZeus:

Without starting up the flame wars in here again, yes.

Because you must include in that count every single Muslim extremist that has said to his colleagues in all seriousness "All Americans must die..."

And that's an awful lot of 'em.

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

So crowd them into that soccer stadium they use for executions and hit it with a tac-nuke or FAE.

I'm not very forgiving on this one. I almost lost a cousin and a college classmate, one in each city.

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

September 12, 2001

Dear Osama Bin Laden, Yasser Arafat, Saddam Hussein, et. al.,

We are pleased to announce that we unequivocally accept your challenge to an old-fashioned game of whoop-ass. Now that we understand the rule that thereare no rules, we look forward to playing by them for the first time.

Since this game is winner-take-all, we unfortunately are unable to invite you to join us at the victory celebration. However, rest assured that we would toast you--LITERALLY.

While we will admit that you are off to an impressive lead, it is however now our turn at the plate.

By the way, we will be playing in your court now.

Batter up,

Sincerely,
              The 270,000,000 citizens of the United States of America
              I don't know who wrote this but it reflects my sentiments.

Paul
              "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Sounds like a winner to me.

The thing is that if you read GWB's speach last night that's basically what he was telling them

That boy is playing no games with these guys.

Dr. Mordrid
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

There are other ways of dealing with problems than fighting wars. I propose a few here.

1. Propaganda
                  1.1 Underline the fact that Islam preaches peace (perhaps by dropping Korans on them....statistically speaking, we'd be likely to hit at least a few people....literally....how much damage would a Koran do when dropped from 25000 feet?)
                  1.2 Disseminate pictures of Osama wearing a pink tutu
                  1.3 Disseminate pictures of Osama the Fudge Packer and his Rectal Adventures (with goats?)
                  2. Westernize them
                  2.1 Broadcast loud rock and roll music from just outside their borders
                  2.2 Give the Coca-Cola
                  2.3 Give them blue jeans
                  3. Make them your friend.....feed the starving people
                  3.1 Seal off their borders, no food imports, well....other than McDonald's Big Macs (while we would be feeding them, we're also slowly killing them off)
                  3.2 If they want variety, give them Whoppers too
                  3.3 If they still want more variety, give them fried chicken

See, these are some alternatives to war. They could be somewhat effective, although I'm not really sure in what way they would be.

b
                  Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

"1.1 Underline the fact that Islam preaches peace (perhaps by dropping Korans on them....statistically speaking, we'd be likely to hit at least a few people....literally....how much damage would a Koran do when dropped from 25000 feet?)"

Quite a bit of damage really.

We could also drop Spice Girl records on them no even better play them to them 24 hours a day very loudly.
                    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                      Quite a bit of damage really.

We could also drop Spice Girl records on them no even better play them to them 24 hours a day very loudly.
                      ROTFLMAO .... i`d think it`d be rather efeective. It will destroy their morale to fight
                      Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

No... you couldn't do that... everyone would be in an uproar.

Spice Girls 24/7 = Breach of Human Rights...

No-One should have to be subjected to that...
                        AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
                        AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
                        Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
                        Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

If you want to know what life would be like under Fundamentalist Islamic Rule then go to the following website.

RAWA is an independent political/social organization of Afghan women struggling for peace, freedom, democracy and women's rights in fundamentalism-blighted Afghanistan.

Go to the photo gallery because as they say pictures sometimes speak louder than words.

Joel
                          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Yuk what a horrible web site. Not pleasant viewing.
                            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

For those who would get rid of Islamic states

Know your "enemy."

Since 1995, IslamiCity provides a non-sectarian, comprehensive and holistic view of Islam and Muslims, a view that would cultivate peace, inspire action, explore positive solutions and encourage purposeful living through the universal teachings of Islam.

Don't take these fundamentalists as a representative of the people they oppress.
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X