G450eTV and WIN2K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450eTV and WIN2K

So how does the card behave in it? Any driver issues? I see it has both drivers and video tools, everything work? I'm thinking of dumping 98se and just want to make sure the card is up to it. Thanks.

Works great here, especially if you use YUY2 captures & softcodecs with MSPro 6.5.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Just one more question. Any particular service pack or do they all work ok?

Comment

I'll pre-empt the Doc and tell you what he will say, he just told me the other day.

Install SP2 and Directx8a as well as the Directx8 vidcap patch. That should be enough.

I would steer clear of WMP 7.1 and use the default one in Win2k. It won't mess it up, it is just a big piece of resource hogging crap.
        WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

That about covers it

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Well, looking at the calendar on the wall I see the month is almost up and I haven't asked any stupid questions (That I know of) yet. So here goes:

IF one has a working Marvel G400 that is functioning just fine in W2K and IF one does not care about timeshifting, or any of the other non-video capture features of the G450eTV, and (finally) IF one can capture in Mpeg2 using the Ulead DVD Plugin or MSPro 6.5 capture utility, what would be a good reason to layout the money for a G450 eTV?

I await any replies,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
            Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Comment

I'm finaly getting around to doing this, but directx 8.0a is no longer available on microsofts site. Is directx 8.1 acceptable, and do I still need the video capture patch? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X