Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multisegment capture

hi i'm a new user of matrox marvel g450 tv

And i have some questions about this card.

First:
    When i captured video to my hd i use software "matrox pc-vcr"
    I captured with full resolution and in Sp mode.After 1 hour (somethin like that) I have on my partition a 4giga mpeg files.
    (i use win2k but with fat 32). After system create mpeg 4giga
    it create another files called "pcvcr.mpeg.1" it's look like the pc-vcr captured multisegment???. But when i push "stop" i have two files
    1 pcvcr.mpeg(4giga) and
    2 pcvcr.mpeg.1 (200mb)

And now is trouble. First files is ok video studio,adobe premiere
    can load it but second files is bad. Video studio send me an error.

When i change name this second file from pcvcr.mpeg.1 to pcvcr1.mpeg it is ok but in video studio this files is played slow and have many bugs in video stream wrrrrrrr (.

Does pc-vcr use multisegment capture?? in marvel g450?

If i change partition from fat32 to ntfs does my trouble dissapear?

I want to record to my hd for example 1 film it's about 1hour 30 minutes long. I want do it with mpeg2 compresion (stanard in g450) and with full resolution!

Pleas help me ))!!

sorry for may bad english but i better read then write!
    CONAN

Conan,

I may not be much help, I'm very much an beginner with this stuff, but I'll try.

I think I've seen what you describe, and I think the solution folks around here suggested was to use a program like AVI_IO to do your captures. I guess PCVCR doesn't do so well with large captures. I tend to use the vid cap part of MSPro 6, but I think several people in the forum have said they get better results with AVI_IO as far as sync up of multiple files is concerned.

My own experience was using w2k with NTFS so I could have capture files larger than 2gb. (I think 4gb is the fat32 limit, but I always had problems with the files when they got over 2gb.) But I ended up with a whole different set of problems and have since gone back to win98.

I think if you try AVI_IO you may have better luck regardless of what file system you use.

Good luck.

Chuck

Comment

Working...
    X