Can't install Video Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't install Video Tools

I just reinstalled Win2k...fresh I thought atleast. I originally installed with ACPI enabled, so i went ahead and restarted the install from the boot discs. it said that it would overwrite all files, but I had some stuff in my program folder from the previous install. Now I went ahead and started installing HW and drivers again, but the newest vid tools won't install. It just dies afteriit initializes the windows installer. I really do not feel like reformatting and it seems like it is a fairly common problem (did a search). Unfortunately there were no solutions. I know for a fact that it works, because it was installed in my prior attempt. Now I did use the matrox uninstall utility and there was no instance of Vidtools as far as I could see.

Any ideas?
    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Have you tried applying SP2?

Comment

Yes, I installed SP2, Diretx8a, the cap patch and all the critical updates, as well as IE5.5 and patches. I am trying to format the disc as we speak, so not much point in continuing here.

It really can't be that hard for someone at Matrox to figure out what causes VT2.04 to die during install. Atleast not if VT kills the install.

My best guess is that there was something lingering around from my previous install. I thought that win2k would format the HD, during the install, but I guess I was wrong. I am going to change back to FAT32, that way I know for sure that it will format.
      WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Working...
      X