HELP!!! MARVEL G200 WinME HELL!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!! MARVEL G200 WinME HELL!!!!

I've had a matrox marvel card running on my PIII 733 machine for almost a year with Windows ME, it ran flawlessly with Premier and the matrox PC Remote/capture software. I upgraded the drivers once off this site, and I think the tools once, but don't remember which version I used, never bothered again, if it ain't broke ... don't fix it etc....

Just this week I decided to do a re-format / fresh install of the same version of WinME that was on my machine before, a re-format was long over due, the system was pretty junked up.

Before the adventure, I downloaded the latest driver, and tools... 628 and 155 to find that my system wouldn't shut down, MJPEG wasn't supported for capture, and a tuner wasn't found on my system when I tried to view the television input.

when I run the matrox uninstall app, let windows detect and install a generic display adapter, re boot, and double click the setup.exe's in any of the matrox display driver unzipped directories that I download, I can get the machine booted up, and run on the matrox display adapter fine, but I get a ton of blue screen vxd errors when i try to shut down. I found another way to try to install the drivers, after a full matrox uninstall, when windows detects the display adapter, and I specify location, pointing it at the 628 unzipped directory, or any of them right down to the 541, apon re-boot, once the matrox driver is in place, as soon as the desktop tries to appear, i get the big blue screen of death, windows error protection, system haulted, must be restarted, over and over again, I never get to my desktop that way.

Any time I try to update the drivers from the device manager, it always says I am using the best driver, regardless of how much newer the file is that I'm pointing it at.

So I don't install the driver's that way, i uninstall everything, let windows put a generic vga display adapter in place, then, after a fresh re-boot, I execute the setup files in the unzipped directories, I can at least run my machine and get to my desktop, however, all display drivers from this site, 541, 555, 624, and 628 will lock the computer any time I try to shut down, with nasty blue screen vxd errors.

I have tried flashing my card with every bios that is compatable on this site, as well as 2 re-format / fresh installs working on this problem right away before there is a single app installed.

maybe it's the right combination of different things that I magicly happened apon before all this.

The original CD that came with the card from 1998 with power desk, and video software work the best, I can shut down, re-boot, my tuner and s-video are recognised, it has MJPEG support, however, anything I try to capture with the matrox software plays back extremely slow, at about half speed.

HELP, HELP, HELP, I have tried every bios, re-formats, every driver available, and found only 2 ways to install them, 1 that crashes on boot up, the other on power down.

any thoughts???? am I alone??? they say there is no such thing as a unique computer problem.
Working...
X