Increase hardware overlay resolution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increase hardware overlay resolution?

Currently the Matrox G series is supports hardware overlay upto 1024x768@32bpp. The highest 16pp is 1280x1024.

Does anyone know of a way to crack/tweak the drivers to allow 32bpp for 1280x1024? I just got a post on the Matrox forum that internally Matrox has pushed the G400 to 1600x1200 @32bpp, but it wasn't stable for all cards so they did the "right thing" and kept it low for general use. I just hope there is some undocumented registry or crack to be able to adjust it like we can the clocks.

Here's wishing for miracles.

I don't know if I'm missing something, but I'm running my primary monitor with G40032MBDH at 1280*1024*32bpp@85Hz and it gives me hardware overlay with DVRaptor nicely.

mikko

Comment

I think you are missing the fact that Canopus has a history of producing solid drivers that work. Matrox doesn't.

--wally.

Comment

Are you talking about G200 series??? I'm using my hardware overlay right now at 1600x1200x32bppx92Hz

Do you have an 8MB G200 or something? Maybe I'm missing something too... Maybe you mean something more specific than just "hardware overlay" ?

Garrett
        RBryant

Tyan 1952DLU Thunder X
        2 PIII Xeon 500Mhz (512k)
        1 512MB ECC PC100 DIMM
        Adaptec AAA-133U2
        3 18 GB U2W Cheetahs
        Jaz 1GB
        UltraPlex40Xmax CDROM
        PlexWriter 8/20 CD-R
        Pioneer 6X DVDROM
        G400 Max
        Rainbow Runner-G
        Obisidan X-24
        ViewSonic P815
        SBLive!
        Cambridge Soundworks 5.1
        3COM 3C905B-TX
        Addtronics 7896 w/12 Fans
        Mitsumi Wireless RF Kbd
        Logitec Opt. Wheel Mouse
        1.5M/256k ADSL
        Trusty Ol' Floppy

Comment

Either i'm saying it wrong or there is some misinterpretation here. First off for Canopus, if you are using RaptorEdit or Premiere with DVRaptor Edit instead of VFW, the max support is 1024x768@32bpp. See the thread that i started on the matrox forum direct matrox tech comments at: http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/000182.html

The real proof is, can you bring up the matrox TV Tuner or matrox capture/display at these higher resolutions/bpp? The driver doesn't seem to allow hardware overlay above a max rate of ~3.1Mb/sec (gee where have we seen that number before). If you are getting more, let me know if you've done the RR Vidcap reg hack or anything else special to get it there.

Thanks for the replies!

Comment

I've been able to do tv tuner and vid cap in 1600x1200x16bit ever since I've had my g200 marvel.

I could probably do 1600x1200x32bit if I had 16MB. Now there IS a valid reason for the 8MB upgrade for the G200!

I've never hacked any of the drivers, registry, or anything else to do it.

AlgoRhythm

Comment

Well now i'm stumped. I just tried out hardware overlay via TV Tuner and Canopus DVRaptorEdit with my brand new G400Max. Low and behold i can do that the above posters have said 1280x1024@32bpp. With my old G200 and 16Mb of SGRAM, it wouldn't let me. Go figure.

Unless someone wants to add something, i'm chalking this one up to a bad trip. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
              X