Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• half functional card?

Hi, it's my first post here.

I've encountered a bizarre problem with my Mystique G200 AGP and I'm wondering if anybody has seen this before. Basically the card only seems to work inside Windows as a secondary card as the computer cannot go through POST on startup if it is the primary. It beeps as if there was no video card.

Now for a more detailed explanation. One day all was working fine until I was switching mobo into new case. I put the card back in and I get the BIOS beep codes which designate no video card. I reseated the AGP card, it still beeped. So I proceded to put a TNT2 into the computer and it POSTed fine. I put the G200 in the computer where the TNT2 came from and that beeped. I concluded that the G200 was dead.

I needed to get the computer w/ the G200 working again so I put in an old spare PCI card. #9 Imagine Series 2. Didn't I say old? I went into computers BIOS and changed the Primary Video from AGP to PCI. Windows booted just fine but I was surprise to see that the G200 was detected by the computer. I could actually use the G200 as a secondary display perfectly. Whoa....

So then I thought maybe the BIOS got whacked or something so I restored it to the original Matrox one. It still had same symptoms. So now I've ran out of ideas.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Welcome aboard !

Most MoBos offer a switch in their BIOS that let you determine which port to use a "primary display" adapter and usually that one is defaulted to "PCI first" or "PCI/AGP".
    Set it to "AGP first" or "AGP/PCI" and see if you still got the problem.

Also, it would be helpful, if you posted as many system details as possible so that we can nail down the problem more easily.
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Yes, I've originally set the motherboards I tried troubleshooting on to use AGP for primary display. They were 2 Supermicro P6DBEs and a Abit BP6. The rest of the specs shouldn't matter much because I can pull the rest of the cards out and it still happens.

It's as if the "boot" or "text" portion of the card was dead!

Comment

Could be a failing BIOS on the card.
        Go to Matrox's site, or MURC, and download the "Recover" utility. This will refresh the card's BIOS, and probably fix your problem.

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

A very strange turn of events. Basically the card works now after leaving the computer off for days! Weird.

I usually don't turn off my system but I'm in lower east side NYC. My phone already doesn't work. My cable system (and thus internet) turned off Thursday so I was like "screw this" and turned everything off. Luckily the cable is back. That's how I'm writing this message.

Anyhow, thanks for the ideas gentlemen.

Comment

Working...
          X