Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with my G400

Hi there again, long time no see...

I have this problem with my g400, when i run games, i can play about 5 minuttes and then my comp "****s" up, now i have formatet it, and still does it, what could it be?

My thougt too the victums i U.S.A
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.

How about some system specs... hardware, IRQ list, drivers installed etc.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I've been messing around with a used G400 MAX, and you will find the same refrain from the official Matrox forum: try forcing 2x AGP if you card is 4x capable, or 1x if only 2x capable.

My card is only 2x capable, and it will absolutely not run there in 3D. Lockups in anything 3D within a few seconds. But at 1x it runs everything solid, including 3DMark2000/2001.

I also find I have to reinstall the Matrox drivers quite frequently, but this only takes a few seconds and a reboot (only need to overwrite, not uninstall and reinstall).

I also found this card does not tolerate TSRs in the background, you need to turn them all off to prevent jerkiness or stutters in games.

Comment

Working...
      X