No announcement yet.

Some (OT???? Maybe not so OT!) questions about W2K and/or streaming Audio/Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some (OT???? Maybe not so OT!) questions about W2K and/or streaming Audio/Video

Hello' forum...

I hope to get some help on a couple of subjects...

- W2K Optimization for Video:

Many sources suggest to disable the CD insert notification feature, but no matter how hard I searched for this option, I could not find it, nor I've found any reference to it on the forums.
    W9X was easy, but how you do this in W2k?

Same as above, how can the Recycle bin be disbled in W2K for the Video disk?

Again, everybody says it is advisable to disable or start manually any W2K service that is not necessary but... WHICH are non-necessary? I'm not an expert here, and even if I know that it would be impossible to give a comprehensive list of what can be disabled and when, I hope somebody can come out with some services that are known to be of little use yet are automaticly started in a fresh W2K installation...

- Streaming Audio/Video
    Does anybody know how can I save Streaming Audio/Video from TV/Radio sites to my Hard Disk for later review/listening??? There are some radio shows organized in episodes which I would like to save & record onto a CD for time-shift listening in my car...

Also, is there any other way to accomplish this?

As usual, thank you in advance for any help...

Ciao everybody!

Joe Daring

3DSPOTLIGHT's tweak page (all OS's);

Learn the latest Windows 10 tricks, tweak your privacy settings, run your software faster and access hidden features.

Their SERIVCES guide;

Longform features discussing tech culture, computing history, and exploring the latest trends in technology, computer hardware and software.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Thank you Doc!!!

Just one question out of curiosity... have you given me these links to that *HUGE* source of info just to be sure I wouldn't have time to post again dumb questions on the forum in the very next future?

Just kidding!

err... no suggestions on the streaming audio question?

Grazie!

Ciao

Joe Daring

Comment

Hi...

Nobody else with more suggestions??

I still haven't all the answers (Disable CD Auto Insert Notify, Disable Recycle Bin, Streaming A/V to Hard disk for later review)

Thanks in advance!

Ciao
        Joe

Comment

Working...
        X