Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad, Sad world

I just got this email from a friend in Australia
    Sad to see the world has come to this...

HIV Warning

A few weeks ago, in a movie theatre in Melbourne, a person sat on something
    that was poking out of one of the seats. When she got up to see what it was,
    she found a needle sticking out of the seat with a note attached
    saying..."You have just been infected by HIV".

The Disease Control Centre in Melbourne reports many similar incidents have
    occurred in many other Australian cities recently. All tested needles ARE
    HIV Positive. The Centre also reports that needles have
    been found in the cash dispensers in ATMs.

We ask everyone to use extreme caution when faced with this kind of
    situation. All public chairs/seats should be inspected with vigilance and
    caution before use. A careful visual inspection should be enough.

In addition, they ask that each of you pass this message along to all
    members of your family and your friends of the potential danger. We all have
    to be careful at public places! This is very important. Just
    think about saving a life by forwarding this message. Please take a few
    seconds of your time to pass it along.
    If this email is true - and i can beleive it is, I don't even have words to describe these individuals

Dan
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

man that's sick if true!

Comment

Find the sick f**ks who did this and stick 10.000 needles in them ... then rip their bodies apart limb by limb ... man i cant believe there are such evil persons out there ...
      Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

I've seen this email before in the USA about a year ago. I believe its a hoax...which we really dont need now in this day and age...

Scott
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I don't know if its a hoax or not, but not so long ago we had a series of armed hold ups of service stations with people wielding syringes of blood instead of guns or knives.

I had an incident a few years ago where i gave a lift to my friend and her boyfriend - un beknown to me he was an intravenious drug user. A few weeks later i was cleaning out the back of the car and was stabed by his used needle. fortunatly I'm ok.

Also in some parts of Oz there is a problem with people leaving used needles on beaches and other places, intentional or unintentional it is dangerous.

Ignore the scare tactic if this email is as you say a hoax, but be careful anyway.

Dan
          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Maybe a Hoax.

The last one I received was about leptospirosis coming from the metalic beverage cans, because they were stored in places that were contamined with mice (mices´s urine can have leptospira)

But if you want to hear something true, I know a 22 years old girl that got infected with Hepatitis C because a drug-adict tried to rob her at a ATM machine, threating her with a "HIV infected needle". She gave him the money but the ****ing weirdo stick the needle on her anyway.

Comment

In the town south of us there were needles, syringes and other intravenious paraphernalia washing up on the shore of a small lake. Appearently those involved in the cleanup found additional information located at the site that directly tied the person doing it.

Upon arrest the woman admitted she was guilty of the crime and didn't know what to do with her waste, not wanting to get busted for her addiction.

Luckily she isn't HIV positive.

Worst part... she was a nurse stealing from the local hospital!

Can you imagine the concern on the parents faces when their child came home after being stuck while playing at the lake... geez some people
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Yuck, this entire thread makes my nerves crawl... I cannot stand needles. As a child I had a very rare disease (Kawasaki disease), and besides the unpleasant symptoms it seemed the hospital decided to use me for needle practice. There was at least one time when the nurse took like 8 tries to get a vein, it got to the point where I was afraid to see any doctor or nurse. The worse part about it was they thought I had some form of Hepatitis at first so they gave my entire family the painfull vaccinations.

Comment

I think the most irritating thing is at least in my state in Australia most public toilets are equiped with sharps containers, hospitals have needle exchange programs etc etc but people still throw them away

Dan
                  Juu nin to iro

Comment

I am sorry if this sounds harsh but....I can't believe that as smart as people that come to the MURC are, they still believe when something is sent to them. This is absolutely 100% false. I feel it is my duty to point these kinds of things out as I constantly get SPAMmed with gibberish such as this. This is my one huge pet peeve in life and it bothers me to no end. So please do us all a favor and check for credibility before posting things like this. btw, I am not trying to single anybody out, I am just trying to show you that 90% of what you receive is false.

Dave
                    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Guess it's a hoax.
                      We also had it happening here, people waking into clubs and sticking supposed HIV infecting needles into other people and after that saying "Welcome to the AIDS club".
                      Wonder how they got out alive though, personally I would wipe the floor with someone that would do that to me.

The authorityes were alerted and after a few arrests these type of incidents stopped.

Comment

No... no they didn't.

To date, nobody has ACTUALLY stuck anyone else with an AIDS needle and then said something smarmy.

You read about it, you hear about it, but it never actually happens to anyone.

Not to belittle anyone who thinks that it DID happen to a friend of a friend... but it's just not true.

It's an urban legend of the worst sort.

- Gurm
                        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                        If only life were as easy as you
                        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                        I would still get screwed

Comment

Even if it is a hoax there is still no harm in being cautious.

Joel
                          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Thank you Joel,
                            that was my point, as I had said in a previous post. I have received a needle stick injury due to someones careless action - the email is hoax or not as other posts have said, people do receive needle stick injuries due to others being careless with their used needles.

It doesn't hurt to be careful - not paranoid, just careful
                            Juu nin to iro

Comment

No question. I've stuck myself on occasion, and Julie got accidentally jabbed with a drug-covered needle at work... it happens. All I'm saying is that the whole "stick someone and then say 'welcome to the world of AIDS'" business is just pure nonsense.

Like the guy who hides under cars in the mall parking lot, and slashes people's Achilles Tendon before stealing their money and valuables. I've heard this as happening "at the local mall" in every locale I've ever visited. But to date it has never ever happened.

- Gurm
                              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                              I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                              X