G400 + Rainbow Runner G-Series in WinXP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 + Rainbow Runner G-Series in WinXP

I've tried to follow some of the other posts here about WinXP and the RRG, but none of them seem to cover my problem

Here's what I've accomplished so far:

1> Fresh install of XP on a clean HD, it installs it's own drivers. After it got all installed, I tried several different driver versions. Seeing how ppl say the RRG will work with the 5.39 drivers, I finally settled on the 5.52 drivers because it has true DualHead support.

2> Installed VT 2.04, which installed just fine on my REAL OEM copy of XP. BUT.. When I go to watch the tuner, it seems to lock the video in the top left hand corner of head 1. I can move the PC-VCR display window up there and it shows the video as I move the window over the "hidden" video stream. It's very stretched out though.

3> I normally use winmedia encoder to stream TV to myself at work (after the macrovision hack), and it doesn't grab any frames, but doesn't give me any errors if I pick the Matrox Vidcap driver.

Just to recap, the drivers and vidtools both installed fine, no errors or any weirdness like that.

What I'm wanting to know is if anyone has gotten the G400 with true dualhead and the TV tuner to work in XP, and what versions of drivers you're using?

Thanks in advance!
    -P

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention that the items listed in the event manager seem to look correct as well, no errors pertaining to matrox or MGA.

I also did try disabling the "video on desktop" option in the PC-VCR, but it didn't make any difference. If enabled, and I minimize the pc-vcr window, it does display the video on the desktop like it's supposed to, but the video is way stretched out and shows up where it did when I moved the pc-vcr display window up in the top left corner like my message above states.

-P

Comment

Using the 5.52 drivers with any 2.xx Vid Tool produces the same video problem in the upper left under Windows 2000. I don't think the video tools are compatible with the true dualhead, atleast on the NT platform.

John

Comment

Welp, just as sort of a followup, I was able to get PCVCR to view the TV tuner correctly, but I had to totally disable dual head.

As far as capturing or streaming with winmedia encoder 8, still no go.. Haven't got a clue. Is anyone using winmedia in 2K with the new VTools? The settings I'm trying to use is CIF resolution and YUV2.. I don't think it's the settings because both the input and output windows are black.

I'm about to go buy a twinview db15+db15 geforce2 and put my old crappy $30 zoltrix TV card back in. It's just a regular bt848, so I'm sure there's WDM drivers somewhere I can use for it...

I dunno..

-P

Comment

hmm I'm guessing no one has any kind of clue about the XP stuff huh? Screw it.. It's hockey season, gotta get my fix by streaming hockey games from my cable through my 784k sdsl connect back to myself at work. Time to see how my old bt848 chipset card works in XP.. At least winmedia should stream from it.

I think I've bought my last matrox card. My next one will be in a month or 2 with a ATI AIW Radeon 8500DV.. The only thing it doesn't do that my current setup does, is dualhead with 2 monitors. I can buy a $20 PCI vidcard for that.. Plus the 8500 has good game performance, which is lacking big time on my G400.

From what I see on matrox's page, there is no vidtools release planned for XP. Guess I'll see you all over on one of ATI's sites..

Laters..
          -P

Comment

Working...
          X