Nature programs.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nature programs.....

They are airing a nature program at one of the swedish tv chanels right now..

Its about the poor viktims to the most blodthirsty murderous animal that has ever lived on earth, (I think you already guessed it) The Homo Sapiens....

It realy pisses me of that they compares us (humans) to the aledged meteorite that suposely killed the dinosaurs....

They say that a meteorite killed the dinosaurs, but in the same sentence they also say that the dinosaurs started to vanish tens of thousends of years before the meteorite hit...

oh. they must have died in fear.....
    They seems to love to bring that up "the meteorite that killed the dinosaurs".

It's like it has to be something extreme, something cool, something.... welll different....

But they also describes how easy just one displaced species wreak havok on the natural balance in one area...

At the time (65 M years ago) the continents actualy was conected again and a lot of mongolian dinosaur species was introduceed in north america and wice verca....

Example:
    The spanish qoncistadors dident kill the incas with swords and guns, it was mostly by the fact that they introduced a lot of new diseases.

We humans have killed species by introducing other species to that habitath.

But the dinosaurs?

Oh no, thet where killed by the evil metorite...

But what about the sea creatures that died out at that time?

Don't that prove that the meteorite was the killer?

65 M years ago a big sea that now is america dried out, go figure....

ofcourse a lot of sea creatures die out if the place they are living in disapers..

And those who move to different areas that didnot drie out might destroy the balance in the other parts that they move to causing extinction of species...

But a Meteorite sounds more cool and is easier to understand and do not encouridge the thought that mayby we should be more carefull with the nature...

But don't get me wrong I am almost more angry with those who think that a whale or a gorilla is more valuable than me or you or my relatives or your relatives...

There is other species that exterminates other species on there own without the help from us humans.

Take my word that a flock of elephants are a more scary thought for a african forrest than a human with a chainsaw....

More to come....
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Please spare us, that was enough.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
      Please spare us, that was enough.
      Now I just have to
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

A flock of Elephants. If I say bunch of Elephants flying around I would be nervous.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

TdB

but both sharks and alligators survived the meteor, but how??
          This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Because they were safely hidden underwater.
            Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

But so were all the fish in the "American Ocean" LOL

Guess they didn't like the taste of Air.

Oh and the Sharks Survived because the Aliens didn't drop them off until after the meteor Hit.
              AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
              AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
              Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
              Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Oh silly you!

You see, sharks and alligators survived because they are clever. They instinctively know that when a big rock is about to hit the planet, it is a good idea to dive deep into the ocean.

That's called the evolution. The smart survive, the dumb die. Just like in Quake.
                Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Glad to hear that you all take this in a seriouse way...

A lot of different croc and aligator as well as shark species did go extinct at the time as well...

Comment

Working...
                  X