Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI TV Wonder, G400 and WinXP

Would this combo work OK ?

Depends on drivers. With the 5.71 drivers it does not work for me... i started a thread in the Matrox Forums...

post in it if you are having issues as well =)

"And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Default WinXP and 5.51, 5.71beta drivers don't work. Images are distorted and garbled. This combo G400+ATI TV Wonder work well under Win2000 and WinME. I don't have a clue if this is the problem of ATI or Matrox since we are using Win2K drivers for both devices.

Comment

Seems to be matrox as it works fine with a Voodoo5, Geforce 256 and even older drivers iirc. it also works in record mode, but not viewing
        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I checked this out a little more and this is what I found: this combo G400 + ATI-TV-Wonder + WinXP work fine if your screen resolution is 1280x1024 or less. It won't work at 1600x1200.

Comment

Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier. At 1024x768 it works fine with MMC 7.1 non beta drivers and software and default G400 XP drivers. My G400 also runs at AGP4X without problems in games in all 98, Me, 2k, XP. I just remembered that sometimes the TV display looks as if the horizontal hold needs adjusting (for those of you old enough to know about horizintal hold). What I do in that case is to simply close and open the TV app until it shows normally again.
            [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
            Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
            Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
            Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
            Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Wierd, that seems to be accurate...

I was having problems at 1280x1024x32bit, but i went to open it up again and it worked for the first time since i've had the G400 installed in my box under XP...

wierd, very wierd...

Comment

Working...
              X