This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green stripes - no Matrox support ???

Is there no support with Matrox? I tried to eMail twice to the german Matrox support and once to the american. This is several weeks ago now, and I received NO answer!
    So I try it again here:
    If I activate the Dual Head I have randomly flashing green stripes on the TV and in the video-window. You can be sure: this looks not pretty good...
    If found out that, the darker the movie is the more often I see these stripes.
    The Interrupt of my Marvel G400 is not shared, and I followed some posting about the BIOS settings.

Please help me!

Hi,

Maybe you can tell us which Dual Head feature you enable before playback?

Also what movies are you trying to playback..
    MJPEG, DVD, ???

Driver version and System type would also help.

Thanks,
    Elie

Comment

Sure! It seems it does not matter, which Dual Head Function I use. The task is to capture some Video, cut it and then... record it with my VCR. When playing the edited movie only on my monitor is no problem. Then i tried to turn on the Dual Head DVD Max -> stripes. Instead I activated no Dual Head but in AVI_IO used a switch called "send video to TV" or something like that -> stripes. This works not only in AVI_IO but also in all other Video applications.

Comment

What's your desktop resolution and colour depth?

Try running at 1024x768 16 bit colour and see what happens.
        If you already do then disregard.

Elie

Comment

Tried all resolution above 1024 and all depths above 16 Bit -> no success!

Comment

I also have seen the "green flashing stripe" problem on my Marvel G-400. The only way I found to eliminate it was to disable "Dual Head", then the stripes went away. Is there a reason you need dual head on at the same time you are using the Matrox program to capture or playback files?? If not, I would leave DH disabled until Matrox comes up with a solution.

Comment

Such a Video card is really fine - but if you can not get your movie on a tape, I wonder what to do with it. So i NEED this Dual Head to record the movie with my VCR. Is this such a special thing?

Comment

Pete, I don't know what is causing your green flashing, but you don't need Dualhead to output to tape.

Shut dualhead down, and then bring up PC-VCR, right-click to get the properties menu up, hit "advanced" and then check the "output to video line out" box. From now on, all AVI's (including MPEG etc) played on the PC will be directed thru the TV out channel.

Try it, let me know....

Comment

This seems to be the same function as with AVI_IO. (I wrote this above.) However I tried it, and the stripes remain :-(

Comment

Hi Speed Pete

This may not be the same thing, BUT - if I am using Matrox PCV remote AND windows media player is activated, I get the same thing (on Marvel G200). SHutting either one cures this.

There is obviously some interaction (maybe with direct x ?) when 2 systems are open together.

I noted they do not have to both be playing for this to happen. And sometimes the flashing is purple.

best of luck

Biker

------------------

Comment

Pete: Ten bucks says I have your answer:

I had the same problem. Check your BIOS for "IRQ for Video", make sure it is enabled.

I got my answer from Matrox Support. Im sorry you had such a rough time with them, they were very prompt with my request.

Comment

Pete: Ten bucks says I have your answer:

I had the same problem. Check your BIOS for "IRQ for Video", make sure it is enabled.

I got my answer from Matrox Support. Im sorry you had such a rough time with them, they were very prompt with my request.

Comment

Bad luck! There isn't such a BIOS setting on my Asus P2B.

Comment

Speed Pete, Download the new drivers which should solve your problem.

Regards,
                            Elie

Comment

Yes! It's 91% complete already. I'm very hopefully....

Comment

Working...
                              X