Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3Dfiles/Tweakfiles Gone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3Dfiles/Tweakfiles Gone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMD Athlon 1800 XP@ 1680GHZ (only the best) on a Epox 8K7A, 512 megs PC2100DDR, Matrox Parhelia 128 AGP,Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, DSL BABY, 1250 Down/220 UP XP 2600 Pro

it's a damn shame as I often used that site!

Comment

Yep.. same here

It was an excellent site for allowing hobbiest programmers and companies alike to pimp their wares. The site usually had a nice write-up about each program and the frontpage was a good way to look for updates...

It will be missed.
      AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
      AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
      Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
      Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

And worst of it all:

This might be the fate of our beloved forums....

The internet bubble has burst

And all those who lived on the surface is doomed....

Internet will probably revert back to the state it was in 96' when i first started surfing:

Big boring corporate site's...

Small site's that blossoms upp like supernovas and then die's when the bandwiths is out.....
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

We get what we pay for. Unless someone can come up with a new business model to provide free services the wacky and wild days of the Internet may be over. Put on your thinking caps everybody!
          Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
          Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

I hope the MURC will stay.

Those sites had many more hits than MURC has, and much of the activity there involved serious downloading. I could see why their costs were prohibitive. If Ant needs help, I would be one of the first to support the type of benefactor program Ars Technica has on their site. I think that's a super idea.

Comment

yea, it sucks. They have been around since I first had a 3D card. A Matrox Mystique170 4meg. Damn shame, good site. Maybe they will do it somewhere else, at a smaller scale, simpler or something. I have had it bookmarked for years, and visit it at least twice weekly. Dang.
              AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X