Cd-rw and IE 5.5 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cd-rw and IE 5.5 problems

My computer was working just fine, I had WinME, IE 5.5 Sp2 and my cd-rw worked fine.

Then came the final version of IE6, piece of shit! As soon as I installed it, my cd-rw was no longer recognized by EZCD creator. So naturally I un-installed it. (it took 4 tries befoe it would let me) but still doesn't woork. Of course I updated the program, un-installed it, re-installed, applied the IE 5.5 reg patch, un-installed and emoved all registy entries and e-installed and re-updated, so on and on until I gave up. The drive itself works, it's just that EZCD creato doesn't seem to think it's a buner.

I could use some suggestions. Or diffrent burning progams.

P.S: I also wish Nero would work but it doesn't.
    Last edited by ZokesPro; 12 September 2001, 07:50.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Hi

Can you give us a detailed list of all the hw and sw+patches you have in your box.

You ever installed MP7/7.1 on you system?
    Lawrence

Comment

The patch was to update it to 4.05, Media Player 7 was already installed long ago. The burner is an LG 8080B 8x/4x/32x. Don't know what else I can say? Is this good enough? MB Asus A7V133 attached to ATA100 controller, it's set to slave, my pioneer DVD is master.

For IE5.5 SP2 all the latest updates are installed. I also can't do a repair on it since there isn't an option ANYWHERE to do so.

I also hurt my shoulder pretty bad so If I'm a bit low on patience it's because I can't sleep and I'm suffering from a lot of pain. So I'm sorry for any lack of impatience in advance.

Comment

I also hurt my shoulder pretty bad
        sorry to hear that!
        are you taking any sort of anti-inflammatory medication for the problem? hope you're better soon.

I also can't do a repair on it since there isn't an option ANYWHERE to do so.
        if it isn't in add|remove programs from which you should have the repair option then run the setup for IE5.5 SP2 again from the folder you downloaded it to, usually Windows update setup files.
        I'm wondering if you installed the media player files included with IE6 which may or may not be the root cause of your problem.
        I didn't & have no problems with ezcd creator & IE6!

Comment

MP7 contains a little Adaptec burner interface feature that screws ECDC nicely and can even make your drive dissappear altogether - there are various posts around about that here and also on the Adaptec/Roxio and Microsoft support websites. This little gem should be un-ticked during the installation of MP7 in a "custom" installation.. Could be that IE6 now contains the same.

I would uninstall MP7 (this gets you back to a working MP6.4 hopefully) as well as ECDC405 and IE6, re-install the latest via 4-in-1 drivers, Re-apply IE5.5 and SP2, and then install ECDC4 with all the patches to get it to 405.

During this escapade I would also remove that Pioneer from the equation just for the hell of it, and have only the LG running as master alone on that IDE cable - if all turns out well, you can always just plug it back in afterwards
          Lawrence

Comment

ayoub_ibrahim: I'll check it out more thouroughly, I tend to move my files around a lot until I find them I nice home (directory) on my hdd.

LvR: You also bring up a good point for my cd-rw. Only one problem, I don't think have SP2 installation files anywhere, but I'll still check it out tonight. Maybe I burned them on a cd before this hapened.

This really helps me out. Thanx guys.

I'm not on anything except for Tylenol extra strengnth but that doesn't seem to help a whole lot. The doctor didn't think I was in too bad of shape. I wasn't really in much pain until 12 hours later. I should be good as new in a few weeks.

Comment

Well none of what you guys suggested helped. It made sense but it just didn't work. Not like it's the end of the world, my buner works that's a given, other programs work with it.

P.S: I would also like to express my deepest sympathies towards my southernly neighbors.

Comment

I found the problem!!!

Two files corrupt: Msvcrt.dll and Msvcirt.dll, you just have to extract them and in Dos just overwrite them in the windows\system directory.

As for the right click problem, I decided to stay with IE6 since reverting back seemed to be the problem.

Comment

Working...
                X