Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording captured video to VHS

Hi guys,
    Sorry to take your time during so great tragedy for the US people and other civilized nations.

Usually,I capture video from my Hi8 VCR and encode to mpg files and burn CD in the following way:

1.Capture with AVI_IO with Huffyuv codec
    2.Deinterlace with VirtualDub
    3.Crop + filter with VirtualDub
    4.Encode with Tsunami encoder
    5.Burn CD

Pretty simply and works like a charm.

But now I also gotta record final video to VHS format.
    And here are my doubts.

1.Does it need to be done like above but without step 2?
    2.If yes it means it needs to be done twice (as I'm gonna have also mpg file on CD)?
    3.During encoding to the final file before recording to VHS tape does I gotta add lines to avoid over size in TV screen?
    4.Does anybody know any good link to a guide "How to"?

Great thx for your patience to read about my problems.
    And for any suggestions.

Traveller

Hi,

There is a very good video guide at this link:

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

I have not used VirtualDub in awhile. I use Ulead MSP6. Typically, the process you laid out is fairly close to what I do for SVCDs. The only difference for VCDs is that I do not do any de-interlacing (VCDs have 240 fields vs SVCDs 480 fields).

I've also become quite a fan of Ulead's DVD Plugin. It is just too easy to use for making complete SVCDs/VCDs.

If the Ligos engine in MSP became as good TMPGEnc, I'd ditch that too. However, TMPGEnc is still a few levels higher.

We will endure

Comment

What's you output device (Marvel G400, G450 etc?).

If you're capturing full frame (e.g. 704x576/480) you'll struggle to play back the Huffy file smoothly. You really want to capture or convert your file with MJPEG (eg PicVideo).

Rob.

Comment

Andrew-thx,great link and info.

Rob,I've got Marvel G400.
        Usually during capture I take the highest resolution and change it at the last moment-in this case during encoding to mpg.
        After many checks it gives the best results-I mean signal to noise ratio,details etc.

Comment

Working...
        X