This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: terrorism

Just a note asking our community to say a prayer for those affected by todays terrorist attacks on the US. God bless them all.

To Usama Bin Laden, Husbullah etc: I wouldn't give 2 cents for your chances of surviving this one. Pay off your life insurance & kiss your collective asses goodbye.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Dr. M
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Usually I just say "ditto".

But in this case, I feel I should say something more.

Our prayers go with all those injured and killed in the act of terroism.

May justice fall on those who mastermined such acts.

Revenge? No. Revenge only breeds more revenge. Justice? You can't escape from justice...

J1NG

Comment

My condolences goes out to all the families of those that got hurt in the attack.

May those responsible perish!!

Comment

Normally I would agree about revenge and justice, but in this case....

JUSTICE = REVENGE!!

I just hear two carrier battle groups just left the Norfolk yards to provide the east coast with air cover.

Any bets that a big part of the remaining fleet is headed for the Middle East and Indian Ocean?

Dr. M
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

The horror of this event is beyond comprehension.

All the individuals connected with the event should be brought to justice.
          - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Wow - I haven't visited my friends here (from all around the world) for a while. But i wanted to visit to offer sincere condolences. I am horrified by these terrorist actions.

None of us are perfect, but the western world has tried to keep a peace around the globe for many a decade now.
            To think world war 1 was started by ONE person being shot, makes me wonder if this is the start of the END for everybody on this planet.

My heart BLEEDS for what has happened, and am in tears as i write. BUT war does not improve the quality of life for anyone.

Biker - UK (Adrian Harris)

Comment

Now, I KNOW I'm gonna get flamed for this... but I just hope that it IS caused by fanatics of other worldly powers and NOT fanatics on the inside with other agendas...

J1NG

Comment

I find myself struggling with this whole tragedy. The level of cowardice that was involved in the hatching and carrying out of this scheme makes me so angry I find myself leaning towards the Doc’s point of view. This strike had nothing to do with political agenda, and everything to do with lashing out at the wrong people who could have done nothing to hinder or help the perpetrators in their pathetic attempt to solve their own fantasy problems.

From a point of justice, I wonder if any act of civilized, or legal retribution is going to bring resolution to all the suffering that was inflicted. Nothing is going to ease the pain and torment that is going to be with the victim’s relatives and those that survived this despicable act.

The closest thing that would help me get on with my life is the knowledge that acts like this will bring forth the collective might of those affected to put an end to this unproductive and useless form of terrorism.

While I may not always subscribe to the “fight fire with fire” mentality I will advocate taking steps to ensure that this sort of thing won’t happen again. Maybe we can’t stop it, but we sure as hell can try to prevent it.

Revenge? No, that makes us just as bad as the cowards that committed this crime. Justice? No, I for one haven’t been able to reach a relative in the immediate area yet and if the worst has happened there is no measure of justice that will bring any form of comfort or resolution to myself. I want it stopped. I want to know that there won’t be anyone else who has to fear this.

When all forms of civilized discussion are over, and there is no solution, you DON’T do what has been done. Period. Once that happens you are nothing more than an animal that has to be put down to prevent it from biting or attacking other members of my family. I feel bad about taking those steps but will do it again and again to protect those I care about from being bitten or attacked by something that doesn’t understand how to properly communicate.
                Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Comment

J1NG:

You're absolutely right. The Oklahoma City bombing was bad enough. To think that militant Americans would launch an attack of this magnitude against other Americans is incomprehensible.

Incomprehensibly frightening.

I simply cannot think of the perpretators as anything approaching human. They are something else, beyond our current everyday experience. Something so consumed by evil they've lost or abandoned all vestige of what we call Humanity.

Something that must at all costs be exterminated as quickly as possible.

Kevin

Comment

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your relative IM_Riktar. We pray that they are fine and well.

J1NG

Comment

guys from the US,
                      everything i can say now,all people from Poland are watching TV now and try to share the pain with you.
                      so sad day.

Now I can only add not all people on this earth can be a part of civilization.

Doc,I gotta agree with you-kick all those asses.
                      But BEFORE you need to be sure who is guilty.

And don't do anything what those f** bastards are waiting for.
                      It can only make their joy bigger.

sorry friends.

Comment

Maybe it's just time for another crusade since the last one obviously is too long ago?

(Sorry to be that harsh, but in this situation I guess everyone protesting against death penalty in the US is surely put into the absurd. A person that does/plans such a thing once will do it again if it has the opportunity, so he/it simply has to be extinguished). This hasn't even anything to do with revenge it's just a simply and logic neccesity.
                        BTW, everyone denying that this has a islamic background WILL be proven wrong - you can clearly see this at the target: it's a symbol for both the western economic and the western world or even the whole western culture.
                        I'm sure we will see some serious troops / war action in the Libanon, Syria or Afghanistan soon (if the Taliban further support Bin Laden), so those mentally ill didn't really do their followers a favour, either. And with those d*mn people in Palestina firing their guns *in joy* it would deserve them right.
                        Last edited by Indiana; 11 September 2001, 10:57.
                        But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                        My System
                        2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                        German ATI-forum

Comment

Indiana,

We just want to know that who we're going to beat the heck out of is the ones we need to beat up. Otherwise this viscous circle of revenge will largely continue...

For all those that do not deserve future suffering, we need to know...

J1NG
                          I know this sounds cold and uncarring... but I hope you fellow MURCers and non MURCers understand my reasoning...

Comment

Anyone firing his gun with joy at such an event is exactly the right one to be beaten up! If he has something to do with this or not doesn't really matter as long as he's supporting this or the people doing this.
                            But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                            My System
                            2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                            German ATI-forum

Comment

I obviously think death is the only way to punish those responsible, but it goes way beyond that.

There is also the problem of both State sponsored terrorism and governments who turn a blind eye in their dealings with terrorist States the organizations involved. This is where some European and Asian governments have responsibility as well.

In particular I'm talking about those nations who continue to sell or allow sales by their corporate interests of dual-use and banned-by-sanction or treaty technologies and products to States that support terrorism. Also problematic is the purchasing of products from these nations, thereby funding (directly or indirectly) their activities to support terrorist groups.

Some "allies" we have.

To those of you who live in these nations and are unaware of what your governments and businesses are doing, you have my pity.

IMHO the US, Canada and the rest of the civilized world needs to not only punish the governments who sponsor terrorism but those nations who are hypocrites to the anti-terrorism cause.

IF that offends, oh well.....

Dr. M
                              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 11 September 2001, 11:28.
                              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                              X