WinXP install problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinXP install problems

I got my new box together finally but I'm running into problems with it Installing WinXP. I have KG-7 RAID with 2 IBM 60 GXP 60 GB drives set on RAID 1. When I go to install XP, I hit F6 to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver. I install the 2000 ATA100 RAID drivers from the Disc included with the Motherboard (Hotrod 100 Pro) and it runs for a little bit then nothing happens! If I just let XP boot up and use its drivers (not 100% sure if the HP370 on HCL) it gets to the part where you can partion the drives and I wind up with a large partion that I can't do anything with because XP doesn't reconize it. Anyone have any suggestions??? I'm kinda stumped now

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

hmm...

I would suggest installing XP over the top (Uprgrading XP calls it) of a lower version of windows, say 2K, ME or 98SE. But make sure that the lower OS is running perfectly with ALL the drivers u need, XP seems to take most of its referneces and drivers out of this lower OS.

Just a thought

Comment

I got the problem corrected the other night. It seems like XP didn't like having the CD-ROM as the master on IDE Port1 and the boot disk/RAID on the RAID controller. I moved the CD-rom drive to IDE port 2 on the motherboard and it went in fine.

Scott
      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Actually...

Actually, it has more to do with the fact that Highpoint's controllers are retrograde and evil than with Windows XP.

XP is just a bit ... hmm ... more rigid about enforcing preexisting rules and regulations.

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
        X