Matrox G400 TV sound capture is low using NICAM source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox G400 TV sound capture is low using NICAM source

I live in the UK, when I capture from a television source using the tuner in PC VCR, using NICAM source for sound always gives a very low volume on capture, whereas using FM for sound is a lot better.

I updated my drivers, and the problem is still there. It is a real pain having to separate the sound and normalise this using an audio program.

Has anyone got any ideas or is my Marvel card faulty ?

Thanks

Check your audio-cables coming from your BOB:
    audi-in cable should be in the line-out of your soundcard, annd audio-out should be in your line-in.

AMD-K6-2-300, EPOX-58MVP3C-M,
    Marvel G400, 64MB+64MB(PC100+PC133), Maxtor DM40PLUS 30GB,
    W98 (no SE), currently no overclocking (FSB=100)

Comment

MarkD, my audio cables are connected up correctly, that is not the problem.

Michka, thanks it seems it is 'normal' for this annoyance then. I might open up my BOB and see if there is anything I can tweak to make it louder.

Comment

Vampi, although I think you won't be able to change anything because it all happens either inside the tuner or inside the sound decoding chip, if you find a way to boost NICAM volume, let us all know.
        Thanks,
        Michka
        I am watching the TV and it's worthless.
        If I switch it on it is even worse.

Comment

Vampi:
          There is a well known problem with the Marvel and the RR-G: the NICAM volume is lower than for mono sound. Also for watching TV, not only when capturing.
          Michka
          I am watching the TV and it's worthless.
          If I switch it on it is even worse.

Comment

Working...
          X