IE 6.0....is this some kind of joke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE 6.0....is this some kind of joke?

Wow. What a POS! I love the polite "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I have this catch phrase memorized since I've seen it about a hundred times since my "upgrade." They should also thank me for being a beta tester. Accessing any page on MURC is about a 50:50 chance between success and crash. HardOCP usually won't load, etc. Tried the "repair" feature, which did nothing. I upgraded from 5.5 because occasionally when I right click to save a file in IE 5.5 my system freezes, and task manager indicates "mmtask not responding." I only have this problem in IE, so I was hoping the upgrade would fix it. Of course it doesn't. This is all in WinME. It's JUST a browser. My system is very stable, aside from the browser fun. I've never had a problem like this with ANY software, including games.

Back to IE5.5 (I'm underwhelmed by the new features; security isn't a problem for me) if the restore works. If not I'm switching to Opera.

John

Sorry for the venting. Moderator: Please move this to the SoapBox if you feel it's more appropriate there. Gee....I hope when I click on "Submit New Thread" it doesn't crash.
    Last edited by Johnny Ray; 9 September 2001, 18:27.

I've been having error traps with IE 6.0 as well. I've been getting them at will on my thread but I found way's around it. The HTML DLL is what craps out on me.

P.S. This is on W2KAS.
    Last edited by xortam; 9 September 2001, 20:12.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

all is well here, been a week now with no probs at all. Some getting used to some of the new features but no problems. Hope it stays that way. And I hope you guys get yours sorted out. Best of luck
      AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Bohrn ... try my thread, "No Gigger for me?". Try the "go to last post" link, at the far right of the thread title or try a test reply.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Isn't that just because some **** (actually, wasn't that you xortam? ) put a mangled html code in his post? Just speculating...
          Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

hmm, IE6 seems be be running problem free on my pcs!

Comment

Impact ... I hope you don't work in SQA with that kind of attitude. Do you think its O.K. for SW to bomb because of bad input? Exactly what do you see as mangled code?

Comment

There certainly seems a problem with that thread though. It crashed on me as well. Just trying with netscape.

It works with Netscape 4.77 okay so Netscape 1 - 0 IE6.
                Last edited by The PIT; 10 September 2001, 10:40.
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Thanks Pit ... I was looking for some confirmation from others. Interesting Netscape chokes too. I'll see if I can edit the code to be less abusive.

Comment

O.K. ... I fixed my thread. It was actually framing the framed PC Power code that caused the problem (I believe).

Comment

Working...
                    X