Most strange Nero + Internet access problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most strange Nero + Internet access problem

Well to sum it up, I can consistentely reproduce a strnge behaviour: When the internet connection is up, if I try to burn a cd with Nero 5.5.1.8, the connection just crawls, just some bits transmited here and there. Internet Explorer 6.0, Mozzila 0.9.3, Go!zilla, everything stops. I can stil check the e-mail fine with Outlook Express. If I abort Nero, presto, normal Internet.

Really weid, anyone got this problem?

I'd expect some serious degradation if you're using a USB burner and network connection. Where's your system specs man?!
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Where's your system specs man?!
      I'll take bets that he's not using scsi!

Comment

yup

he's probably burning to an IDE burner without using DMA, and his software pci modem can't get enough free cpu cycles to get a decent transfer rates....

20 quid on that (what's the ratio?)

Comment

First of all, I was preety sure I posted this on General H/S.... my fault, any of the mods could move it, please?

Sorry, I forgot system specs.
          Asus A7V133 bios 1004
          Tb 900@1000 (7*143)
          384 Mb RAM
          Hercules 4500 64 Mb
          SbLive!
          Diamond Supraexpress 56e pro (external serial HW modem)
          Win2k sp2 + latest Via 4-1 non-beta
          IE 6.0
          Nero 5.5.1.8

I´ve got the OS on Maxtor 13.5 Gb as primary master on Promise controller, Seagate 30 gb as primary master on via ide and a Samsung combo SM-304B as secondary master. DMA enabled on everything, blah, blah.

So can I get your 20 quid now dZeus? C´mon you ought to know me better than that... of course I´ve troubleshooted that before. Ok, you´re right about the IDE part

I think I wasn´t clear enough as I posted on a bit of a hurry. My point is that I don´t think that was happening before, I clearly remember burning a coulple of CD´s while being on line without any problems. So I´m really suspecting IE 6.0, it was the last thing I installed, and I would like to know if anyone has having a similar problem after installing IE 6.0. Or I´m I missing some Nero/IE 6.0/DUN setting over here?

Comment

you're right.. I posted my answer without properly checking the username of who posted it... stupid stupid stupid

I now owe you 20 quid

anyway, since you run win2k, you can easily check cpu usage during a burn with taskmanager... is it at any abnormally high point (anything higher than let's say, 30 percent)?

You might be right about a specific nero+ie6+dun problem. Can you try any other browser, to see if the speed is affected? is ftp transfer speed affected by nero as well (with the default ftp command line client in win2k)?

Did you see this problem with any other burn program, or older version of nero?

Comment

Nero

I seem to recall the specific problem being listed in the Nero Faqs. However I think this was a problem with an earlier version of nero.

Try turning autoinsert off. That might help.

Comment

I updated to Nero 5.5.4.0 and it´s the same thing. CPU utilization is about 0-2%. It´s not Zonealarm as it´s the same with or without it.

I don´t really know what to think of this one...

Maybe I´ll just unninstall IE 6.0 and check again

Comment

Working...
                X