Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overclocking gone too far!

check out the measures some will go to for the ultimate cooling system:

is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

On a 500$ video card! Stupid stupid stupid!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

some guys have too much time on their hands.
      wonder what Maggi will say about it!

Comment

Some nice work there! I want one!

Comment

amazing...really nice work. I wish I had more time to try things like that...

Dave
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Here was his very last comment in the post. Talk about over achieving!

I will be making a custom case probably Perspex as it would be nice to be able to keep a eye on it all and like said it will also be nice to see all that work. going to do the PSU next so I can call it a zero fan PC but the Hdd's will require a fan in hot weather until they get water-blocks. Hdd's will then be the only noise producing device and I'm thinking of sealing them up in a double glazed Perspex box to silence them.
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

what i dont understand is with such low temperatures why he couldnt get the card clocked a lot higher than he had it.
              wouldnt it be funny if after going to all that trouble the system leaked and spoiled the shiny new gf3?
              still it would probably be doing him a favour as he woulnt have to look at a blurry screen any more!
              is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
              Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

The reason for the project, as he mentioned in one of his posts, was to make a silent PC i.e. no fans, rather than to do any extreme overclocking.

Looks impressive if a little impractical
                When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

From what it sounds like... it started as a project and has developed into a fine art masterpiece
                  AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
                  AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
                  Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
                  Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Working...
                  X