No announcement yet.

Max Payne Demo is up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL... that's nothing. Want a Geforce3 demo? Go over to Abitboy for the 203Mb Zoltar demo.... I only wish my adsl comes quick

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Just check the demo sizes today.. 130mb is mid side... most of them are 100-150mb.. Well thank god i have a cablemodem and a site that i get 300-600kb/s all the demos + movie trailers i want. So that would take ... about 5 mins.

PeTe

Comment

Gothic, 270+ MB ...
        There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

thank goodness I have a buddy with cable & a cd burner!

Comment

Cool, thanks for the link Maggi

Comment

I just completed the Max Payne and I have to say that my Matrox coped quite well with this so-called demanding game. Whole game I played at 1024x768x32 and everything on the max and I would get anywhere between 15 and 25 FPS depending on the scene. You might think that’s unplayable well it would be on Quake III but this game is weird at 18 FPS it is completely fluent. And a system recommendation that you need at least 2000 3dmarks seems rubbish.
              Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

I play the full version at 1024*768*32, everything MAXed except Texture Detail and it is very fluid. I do need to run MGATweak though, which is great until my room gets too hot. I get 1520 3D2001 marks when o/c ing.
                FT.

Comment

I´m glad thet released a demo. I was wondering about what to buy, Max Payne vs Black&White, but now I haven´t many doubts.

Is this the great be-all-end-all game they were pimping since 1997 Final Reality release???

Sorry, I may be rushing into conclusions here, but I haven´t got that much fun playing the demo and the visuals aren´t THAT impressive IMHO. Bullet-time mode is... hum... neat. The story - OMG, soooooo cliche.

I´m still waiting for a game like Half-Life. Now that really had the WOW factor, both visually and gameplay, and that was on my old faithfull G200.

Black&White is another story. It´s not perfect, but it surely is damn addictive and with a bunch of whole new conceps.

Comment

Who cares about the story in a shooter?!?

But I have to agree, the gfx are, uhmmm, average at best. Serious Sam was better (and I own the full Max Payne game, so it's not only the demo). I was especially disappointed since the gfx in 3DMark2001 AND even 3DMark2000 are so much better, even the Matrix/MaxPayne scene in 3DMark2k1 looks really better than the game.

I guess MadOnion/Remedy/whoever have been caught in the old trap that it's much harder to write a good game than a good demo (I've seen this many times before, starting in the old Amiga times).
                    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                    My System
                    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                    German ATI-forum

Comment

Average graphics on Max Payne ?

Wohoo, what games do you play that has avesome grapics then ? IMHO Max Payne looks just as good that ANY PC-game that has been released, EVER. Dont know what kind of settings you are running, but MP looks great with my comp...

PeTe

Comment

Who cares about the story in a shooter?!?
                        I do Half-Life, anyone? Playing it you really felt that you´re part of the action, you had a roleplay. Playing MP you feel like being part of a series B movie...

Average graphics on Max Payne ?
                        Yes. I do play with all the stuff up, and I honestly I fail to be impressed. Games/demos that IMO look better? Aquanox (ok you can count this out), Undying, DroneZ, Giants, Fakk2, Sacrifice, Serious Sam. Even Battlezone2 looks better.

Pay attention that I´m not saying that´s a bad game. It´s not. It´s just it felt down on the hype and it couldn´t deliver as much as promised. That´s it.

It´s a personal opinion, of course. I will buy a game now and it won´t be Max Payne, I think that´s the better way to show how I feel about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuno

Yes. I do play with all the stuff up, and I honestly I fail to be impressed. Games/demos that IMO look better? Aquanox (ok you can count this out), Undying, DroneZ, Giants, Fakk2, Sacrifice, Serious Sam. Even Battlezone2 looks better.
                          Much the same list I would have given. And this has nothing to do with the PCs specs, everything in MaxPayne is turned to max with a Radeon. But the game-scenes are just so rectangular / simple and the textures are much too less detailed and repetitive (and mostly boring, too, btw).
                          I really think Alice, FAKK2 and SeriousSam look much better.
                          But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                          My System
                          2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                          German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
                          X