My new Toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Toy

Well I finally got around to getting my stuff for my new PC..though its lacking one compont I want the most...a Next Gen Matrox Card . I should start getting the stuff from UPS and Fedex today.

My new PC is:

Lian-Li PC68 USB with a Enermax 350W PS and a 92mm Blowhole to be added
    Abit KG-7 RAID
    AMD T-bird 1.4 GHZ (for the time being) with a Swiftech MC-462A heat sink (this thing is HUGE!)
    512mb Cruial ECC DDR RAM
    2x IBM GXP60 60GB HD
    52x Aopen CD-ROM
    16X Plextor CD-RW
    250 MB ZIP Drive
    Hercules Game Theater XP (I'm alittle worried about this one...)
    Hercules Profit 4500 Kyro 2 64mb (out of the current system, then the G400MAX goes back in the old one )
    Crystalfontz SKD204-634SG-LG 20x4 LCD Display
    Rounded IDE and Floppy Cables

I'm planning on running WinXP for the OS, but the problems that I've heard about with the GTXP sound card in make me a bit leary about it. I guess if the new driver release next month doesnt work out, I'll return to the Soundblaster game and get an Audigy card.

Once everything is working and up to snuff, I'll be seeing how High I can OC this thing. I'm shooting for about 1600 right now...

Any comments,gripes,bitches, or complants...feel free to post them

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Nice system!
    "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
    Gainward Ti4600
    AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Nice ? Thats just about the best system that you can get with $$$. One line of those REALLY is SWEEET...

512mb Cruial ECC DDR RAM and Crystalfontz SKD204-634SG-LG 20x4 LCD Display

DAMN. =)

Just hook that with Radeon 8500AIW and you are SET.

PeTe

Comment

I want that display!!!

I'm waiting for the 17 inch models to come down now that the price for 15 inch models has dropped under £300.

Error system error. Cider taking over cannot read post properly. However I still want a 17 inch flat panel.
        Last edited by The PIT; 7 September 2001, 11:43.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The Crystalfontz LCD display I just added today ot the list. I was looking over at hardOCP and some guy post pictures of his clear case with an LCD display...I was hooked. I did some research on the LCD displays and $97 dollars later I had one sent to me. Only think I have to figure out is how I'm gonna get it to match the case of Lian-li, I'll either paint it or maybe get someone to cut some aluminum to replace the plastic front.

Scott

Comment

Hey guys I just noticed that your thinking I'm getting an LCD Monitor....I'm getting a LCD display for my CASE ! thats 20 pixels by 4 pixels! LOL

Scott

Comment

Hence my edit. The $97 gave it away.
              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
              X