• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ulead's CEO interview....

Kinda interesting mindset....

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I agree. Seems that Ulead is aptly named. They intend to be the innovator. Referring to the interview, I like it when she says, (in effect), that other companies want to wait around to see what's shakin' and then say, "me too."

As we discussed here before, perhaps the main thing that puts Ulead out front is they don't have delusions about what users will pay for a decent application. Their prices are very fair, and, Doc, I still like your suggestion to Ulead months ago, that they develop a serious DVD authoring package seperately and put a price on it that will provide an alternative to all those ridiculously high-priced packages.

I am only in the exploratory stage on adding DVD burning to my system, but, recently I was referred to ReelDVD. I got excited at first, but, once again, a $1000 price tag. Reasonably-priced, professionally-featured competition is needed for sure!

Comment

Jerrold Jones

Great article!

Comment

Well..the market share leader in DVD right now is Sonic with their Scenarist, AutoDVD, DVD Fusion, DVDiT and MyDVD packages.

Still, I think Ulead could eat 'em alive in the consumer/prosumer market if they really wanted to.

Time for another letter

Dr. Mordrid
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 5 September 2001, 23:52.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
        X