vt under w98se

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vt under w98se

Is the official latest drivers 6.28 and vt 1.55 under win98se the right choice?
    I need to know if is it possible to have in some way:
    - MJPEG/YUY2 capture (with huffyuv)
    - Macrovision disabled for both input and output .
    Does the old patch work (FD amd MV for 1.54) on it?
    what about the new vt 2.04 for w2000 under w98se?

Sorry for my bad english....
    Thanks to everyone who can help me.

abit bh6
    cel 300a
    224 RAM
    30 GB hd MAXTOR
    marvel g400 tv
    win 98 se

I am running the good old PD 5.41 and after some trouble (my faults) the VT 2.04 leaked in Win98SE, patched with the latest Macrovision patch by SergioValentino.
    They work fine together, here.
    It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
    ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Well, I've recently run up my final build of my video capture box, and I decided on a minmal win98 build (via 98lite) for the OS, and then put on:
      DD 6.28
      VT1.55
      Directx8.0a
      Applyed FD's YUY2 patch
      Had to Manually hexedit the vtools rrapi and vcap to get Macrovision gone, as there doesn't seem to be any automated tool for it yet......(search forums, it's there somewhere...if it hides, let me know and I'll post the hex strings.)
      Then installed the HuffYUV codec, and away we go....

Captures, on a P3-800, of a 30gig IBM hdd, off an ATA33 (yep, not 66) interface on an ABIT-BX6rev2.0 MB at full resolution (720x576) @ 25 fps, and no drops. (using avi_io3.19 for cap)

While I deplore the way matrox handled the whole driver mess, I'm at least happy that in the last few weeks I've finally got a perfectly working box.
      Only thing I'd add to the box would be a fasttrak 100 card. (well, that and a second hard drive, eh?) I had a modified fasttrak 66 (ultra), but the drives were slower in raid0/ata66 mode than a single drive in ata33. Dr. Mordrid's given some great advice regarding this issue, and apparently the 100 has a different timing mechanism that reduces or eliminates this problem. I can't say I'm willing to pay the money to add to the length of capture time (limited to about 1 hour)

Sheesh. Sorry to wander off there.....To sum up an answer (sorry about that), I find that win98SE, VT1.55 (all patched) doens't give me any grief whatsoever. (plus, I got lucky with the abit board...it works)

As to the VT2.04...well...the system above makes the capture, so I can't see a reason to change over to it...besides....18MEG!? sheesh...what the heck did they ADD? Most of the functions were actually removed, so what the #$#% is that? Bloatware, Bloatware, whereforarttho, bloatware?...
      Always remember: Amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Saladin,

Please post those hex strings.

Thanks in advance.

Rob.

Comment

Okay....um, I'm relatively new to posting 'etiquitte', so if what I've done here isn't the way to do it, just send me a 'nice' letter saying the right way....

Rather than make you go to another link, I'm cut/pasting the reply from another forum thread, giving all due huzza's to the original poster, T-Rex. (give him a big hand for posting this....then again, he thanks somebody ELSE for the info....and so it goes on...)

And here's the message:

In an old thread you can find how to remove Macrovision.. (the author is cods )

Change bold values in the following files with a hex editor....

RRAPI.DLL
          ---------
          00 00 85 C0 75 13 83 7D 94 00 74
          becomes
          00 00 85 C0 EB 13 83 7D 94 00 74

VCAP16.DLL
          ----------
          83 7E EE 00 75 06 83 7E F0
          becomes
          83 7E EE 00 90 90 83 7E F0

A freeware Hex editor is XVI32 that you can download here: http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delp...32.htm#download . It allows to search Hex strings and so is easy to find the value that you have to change..

This "patch" works only with Win9x/Me Videotools

End of message:

Hope this helps!

Saladin
          Always remember: Amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

thanks

thank you Saladin.
            I am going to try.
            Do you have never tried w98 "first edition" instead w98 se?
            Somewhere I read about a better stability....
            by

Comment

Thanks Saladin.

Comment

me, dx8, dd628, vt155 OK

thanks cods, thanks saladin : patch works fine on my ME w/ VT1.55, DD6.28, DX8.0 too.

Comment

Working...
                X