Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checkerboard pattern

Hi!
    Is someone here aware of a checkerboard pattern over the recorded NTSC video with G200 & G400? I noticed it some time ago but the Matrox tech. support convinced me that it is a power suply problem. Since then I changed about 5 power supplies with no result. Since I moved to Europe I discovered that when captuirng from PAL source there is not checkerboard patter. That makes me think that the problem is not hardware.

Try using a different set of cables to connect the source. Even a slightly bad connection can bring 'em on. Can you give S-Video a try and see if that's clean?

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I was lucky to live 30km away from the head office of Matrox, so I went and we checked on the spot the problem with the technicions. We changed not only cables, but memory, the card. Finally they brought their own power supply and the there was no checkerboard effect anymore. Later on I bought exactly the same brand power supply (DEER) but this did not solve the mystery. I changed another 4 power supplies with no effect. I almost gave up the idea of using MJPEG (forgot to tell you, the effect appears only when I capture in MJPEG) when I returned to Europe and for my surprise on my PAL capture there was no checkerboard noise at all.

Comment

Working...
      X