Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Output into input....recapturing a video output...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Output into input....recapturing a video output...

I've got a couple of Real Video and Windows Media files that cannot be converted into AVI's or MPEG's very easily, and was wondering if anyone has come up with a way of outputting a digital video signal and then recapturing it on a G400TV or other Dualhead capturing device. I tried outputting the digital stream (played in windows media player) through the video out (which looked ok on my tv), and then inputting it back into the video input of the breakout box, assuming that I would see the picture if I looked at the line input of PC-VCR, but I think I was getting some kind of feedback effect, but I did not have 'output to tv' checked in the PC-VCR remote and the line in audio input was muted. Anyone know what's going on there or how to overcome my problem (preferably without VHS VCR intervention)...

Cheers

Hi,

You can always get an inexpensive TV Tuner card with the appropriate connections. Output from the G400 into the TV Tuner card and capture using AVI_IO or similar.

Comment

You can use a screen capture program like HyperCam : select the RealVideo window, the output file and the fps and that's it. Of course your disk speed and cpu speed must be able to cope with the load.
      Good luck !!

Comment

Working...
      X