Say what? A new Via bug ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say what? A new Via bug ?

More like another strange hiccup courtsey of my Abit board. Powered it up and it switched itself off. Maybe fuse has gone nope it's powering on again but looks like it's in suspend mode. Power off at the back wait a minute back on no problem. Must be that damn soundblaster live and 686b combo.
    Anyway that made me decide to ditch the darn thing for the new epox ddr board. Now will that work properly ???
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Your still going to be using the VIA 686B southbridge
    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Oh no I won't
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

SiSsy

AFAIK Epox is one of the few manufacturers that have the new SIS chipset (735?) in their product range, don't they?

Tell us how it works, since till now i only read "technical previews" that emphasized the potential but were quick to remind us that this is all very Alpha... I would love to hear a real life experience.

BTW, Epox has not the reputation for being a "good" MB manufacturer but besides an AOpen AX59Pro i have never had a more realiable board like my current 7KXA (with 686A southbridge ) I had an Asus A7V (or was it K7V?) in between for this "Thunderbird" pleasure and it sucked big time.

Less talk, more drink. Regards

Comment

I'm going for one there newer boards based on the Via kT266 chipset without the dreaded 686b. I haven't seen the sis mentioned by epox but then I haven't looked very hard.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I have to disagree with Six here.

Epox has a reputation as being one of the best MB manufacturers. They had a hiccup recently, but the 8KTA3 and later have all been back up to Epox's high standards.

Ask Joel
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I had an Epox a long time ago and apart from buggy dare I say it "via drivers" it was quite stable. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow with the memory from Crucial and I'll tell you how it goes.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Wouldn't it have been better to wait for a board using the new A revision of the KT266 chipset ?
                When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Working...
                X