Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Topic: Millinneium G 400: Multiple problems I cannot get the Dual Head CLONE to wor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topic: Millinneium G 400: Multiple problems I cannot get the Dual Head CLONE to wor

MATROX Millinneium G 400:
    I cannot get the Dual Head CLONE to work. It worked in another 'puter running win '98 with an AMD 500 cpu but I had so many problems with it freezing up/not displaying properly/screen going BLACK/BSD's that I upgraded to the Pentium/ME combination. Now everything is set-up for clone but I get Multi-display. When I try to set it to Multi-Display I get prompt to reboot but when it does it goes back to Dual-Head Clone in the properties but STILL only works as Multi-Display!
    In addition (other symptoms): It sometimes takes about 15 to 30 seconds for the display to change when I close or minimize a window! When I go online or offline with open windows they jump around & will not minimize (they jump back up).
    Now using:
    Pentium III @ 600 MHz
    256 megs RAM
    Windoze Millenium Edition
    Other boards & peripherals:
    Win TV, Promise Ultra 66, 3 COM NIC, Creative Soundblaster Live Value (I didn't have the Promise or the Win TV in the AMD 500).

I posted this message on the Matrox board in Feb. & went through a world of uninstalling drivers & installing the 4 in 1 patch etc. etc. (as the Matrox tech guy said) & got it to work in clone mode. Then I decided a few weeks back to use multi-display. I just tried to go back to clone & am getting the same problem as before (described above). I'm hoping some of you tech freaks here (most of you seem to know alot ) can do better this time around.
    THANK YOU!
    Angel One
    Since I gave up hope I feel much better.
Working...
X