G400Max for WinXP with OpenGL for Half-Life?! FAILED :(((((

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400Max for WinXP with OpenGL for Half-Life?! FAILED :(((((

I have tried 552 and 571-beta on Windows XP build 2600 RTM, and failed to play Half-Life using OpenGL driver.

Can anybody help me to figure out what's wrong?

You are going to have to wait until XP is released and Matrox releases drivers.

Rags

Comment

FYI, build 2600 is exactly the WinXP that's going to release in October, and no OpenGL supported Matrox G4xx drivers, although the dual monitor was supported natively (WinXP drivers).

I heard that 571-beta is "finally" enabling OpenGL in WinXP, correct me if I'm wrong, and how should I fix my Half-life in order to run it.

Thanks.

Comment

FYI, build 2600 isn't released for public purchase with their PC's. It's still not released. I realize that the code will probably stay the same, but until it's released, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Matrox to release drivers for XP.

5.71 isn't the first build to support XP, it's just the first public one that sees XP.

Rags

Comment

Using XP final and the matrox 571 beta drivers I had no problems playing half-life under opengl.

Perhaps you need to tweak your configuration a bit to get things working? I have dual head and such disabled here.

Comment

hi Fyx, do tell me more about the tweaks and settings you have done.

Thanks.

Comment

ok other than weird FPS issues

Yeah it's ok for me... it worked natively though 5.71 were much better... fewer D3D bugs. I started using OGL but I think I get better frames in D3D.
              When I overclock juct 57Mhz I get avg 4 fps more. This is in CS... I didn't tweak or anything, I do have DualHead disabled though.
              P3 500 @ 600
              256MB PC133 RAM
              64MB PC100 RAM
              Primary: Gateway EV700 17"
              Secondary: AcerView 54eL 15"
              WinXP Professional Build 2600 (with Plus!, it's prettified!)
              G400 MAX (@ 171, 228)
              Monster Sound MX400
              512/128 DSL from SMC EZ Card
              Samsung 8X DVD-ROM
              ASUS P3B-F
              Logitech X1 Speakers
              Logitech Cordless Mouse SE
              Logitech Internet Keyboard
              19.1G IBM 60GXP
              8.4G Seagate
              1.57G Fujitsu

Comment

Thanx Guys !

This thread was the only thing stopping me from installing XP Professional. Thought that OpenGL was still disabled with G400-cards, but guessing its not. =) NICE. Howabout performance with these new drivers ? A lot less fps with opengl/3d in games ? A bit less, about equal ? Going to install XP anyway, but do like to play sometimes.

Btw, NVidia released their XP-drivers just last night with FULL support so dont even start with that ... " ... wait untill its released .. ". ITS RELEASED to OEM computer manufacturers and to a lot number of professionals around the world. My Friend got it from a computer-expo from the MICROSOFT stand.

PeTe

----------------
                1.33G TB with 256Mb PC133 and ABIT KT7 + Matrox's fastest card EVER.. G400MAX. =) Soon running with Windows XP Professional, now using Win2K Professional.

Comment

Yeah nVidia didn't just release drivers for it, they're optimized to the shitter

I still like the way my G400 handles in XP. In fact upgrading to XP was the best thing I've done in a long time, I plan on buying it when it comes out. I have very few gripes most of which were cleared up with a program called Tweak XP.

I have to admit I think my CPU needs an upgrade, I have a few problems with little freezes, I recently overclocked and perhaps went a bit too far

I do get better FPS in XP than I do in 2k... the funny thing is I get jumpy FPS in CS. I go from 30 to 60 and it's odd, the 60 is heaps smooth then I go out into the open on militia for example and I get 25 FPS... I don't know, drivers, XP, CPU, RAM... It could've been me in need of a defrag.
                  P3 500 @ 600
                  256MB PC133 RAM
                  64MB PC100 RAM
                  G400 MAX (@ 171, 228)
                  Monster Sound MX400
                  Samsung 8X DVD-ROM
                  ASUS P3B-F
                  Logitech X1 Speakers
                  19.1G IBM 60GXP
                  8.4G Seagate
                  1.57G Fujitsu

Comment

C00l, so even gaming is working great on XP, well atleast im all out of ideas why i wouldnt install XP.

Btw, did you do a clean install or upgrade ? I would LIKE to make a clean install, but since installing w2k ( for the LAST time ) i only made 2 BIG HD:s, no partitions at all.. and dont think that i can fit all my files to the smaller HD (16.8G). Dont have partition magic or other software like that installed so i could divide my other 40G HD in to two.. well have to see now what im going to do.

Thnx for the tip.. going to find this TweakXP now..

PeTe

Comment

I upgraded from a fresh install of Win2k as far as I remember. I know I formatted first but I think I installed Win2K first...

Useful guides for Apple, Linux, and Microsoft platforms.
                      P3 500 @ 600
                      256MB PC133 RAM
                      64MB PC100 RAM
                      G400 MAX (@ 171, 228)
                      Monster Sound MX400
                      Samsung 8X DVD-ROM
                      ASUS P3B-F
                      Logitech X1 Speakers
                      19.1G IBM 60GXP
                      8.4G Seagate
                      1.57G Fujitsu

Comment