Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got a solution for MPEG Realtime capture...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got a solution for MPEG Realtime capture...

using the G200 Rainbow Runner?
    I tried Cyberlink PCVCR2 and 3.
    PCVCR2 does but is very poor on quality. PCVCR3 doesnt and Haig over at Matros BBS doesnt beleve it is possible due to the driver setup.

Anyone doing this with satisfaction...ie: MPEG1 (preferably VCD) realtime capture.

I do miniDVd for quality stuff or print back to DVCam for movies - but want the VCD option for simple stuff for which I'm not really fussed about quality.

System = PIII800E with 256MB of PC133 @ Cas2

Surely there is someone out there...

who has a solution?

Comment

Not the best one, but check this:

Turn your life’s best moments into stunning movies with Corel VideoStudio! Get creative with drag-and-drop stylish templates, artistic filters, titles, transitions, and the whole palette of advanced editing tools. Get your FREE trial.

Fred H
      It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
      ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Fred....did youknow...

You have a AYHJA core in your T'Birdy and that is a god send for overclockers!!!
        Maybe your not into Overclocking, but I know you will get a pretty penny for that core in a 1.33GHz chip and especially on Crucil PC2100 DDRAM....that sucker should do 1.6GHz easy - but the main benefit of that is the DDRAM will be running at PC320MHz...and not the current 266....should see a 30% improvement in performance.
        Mind you you will have to pull back your RAM latencies to 3 and not 2....
        then again - who cares!!!

Comment

I am not an OC

Yes, Job. I know.
          Recently I upgraded my computer, and conscious I bought the AYHJA stepping. It also works with lowered temp too, and with a big Taisol 760092 cooler it works fine when rendering, encoding, playing etc videos.
          I'm not an overclocker, but it's nice to have a possibility to OC later on. Who knows?
          It's also true that OC can lead to unwanted problems. Who needs more troubles?

Fred H

Comment

The only time that I ever saw a marked improvement from OCing was the old Celeron 300a to 450. God I loved that CPU!! It was rock solid and cheap. No other setup had the bang that OC had. Too many problems with PCI bus freq and heat. Not to mention limited true improvement and a lot problems. I'd rather spend 2 seconds longer for a render than 2 minutes to reboot form a crash.
            WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Righ, Sciascia.
              100% right, I agree with you.

And I wouldn't defend my computer, here.
              It's new, it's fast and I am satisfied with it as is, so far...

And I am definitely not an OCer.

Fred H
              Last edited by Fred H; 7 September 2001, 05:55.

Comment

Except maybe the TBirdy 1G AXIA's

that can crank to 1.4G....

Comment

As for the MSPro link....

getting back to the original comment.
                  Very neat hat 6.5 full offers MPEG2 editing.
                  Not sure what format though. Editing 5MBps MPEG2 files in a timeline with effects etc will probably render more than enough artefacts. MPEG2 (DVQuality) is not bad but I dont think good enough for broadcast work, unless it does the higher bit rate 15-25Mbps compressions. To do so would render the package out of the range of the normal user and another reason why Premiere doesnt come with it.

Its a bit like the new 450eTV capture in MPEG2 ...soundz nice - but MJPEG and YUY2 is the way to go for prosumer stuff.

thanks for the link though. Didnt see any pointers for MPEG1 VCD real time capture though.

Comment

Working...
                  X