Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G550 + MSP6 problems

Hello,

I have a problem that hopefully can be resolved simply. Recently, I upgraded my main machine from a G400 to G550. First, I removed all of the old drivers. When installing the new G550, I choose to install DX8 and the Cinemaster DVD Player.

Everything seemed great until I went to use the "Print to Tape" feature of MSP6. About 30 secs into the video, the machine reboots. This was quite disturbing as this never happened before the G550 upgarde.

I tried upgrading the DX8 patches, but that did not help out at all. I'd downgrade back to DX7 or DX6, but various websites say it can not be done without creating a mess of the system.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Here is an update:

-Machine reboots when no video filters, res changes, or deinterlace options happen. In other words, whenever re-encoding happens, the machine does not reboot on playback.

-DVDMax is a bit odd. Playing a 352x480 file is not scaled full screen. The TV-Out shows up with black bars on the sides. DivXG400 has helped, but has not effect in MSP6.

-Apparently, DX8 is needed for full use of DualHead in Win2K.

Comment

Andrew,

Does it reboot when simply playing back in the Preview window rather than using "Print to tape"?

Maybe you should pop the Marvel back in and wait for new drivers!

Is your system still dual boot ME/2K (I remember you using ME when I was trying to get my KK266R stable with Marvel)? If so do you get the same problems in ME?

Rob.

Comment

Hi,

The preview window works AOK. The DVDMax is a bit odd. I'm thinking that it is not DX8a, but the G550 drivers. I do have the Marvel still and just may re-install it. I'm beginning to wonder if Matrox can ever do better than the G400 Marvel and G400 Max.

I have not tried it under WinME. I've been so happy with success in Win2K that WinME just never gets booted.

I'll give it a little bit more time... then it gets the axe....

Thank you

Comment

Hello,

This is an update on the situation. I removed the G550 drivers, then re-installed the Marvel G400-TV. The results are that everything worked the way I wanted it (no crashes, DVDMax scales aok, etc.)!

The only thing I noticed was that the quality of the G550 TVOut was just a tiny bit better than the G400-TV. Even then, it was really hard to notice.

Looks like the G400-TV stays put for now.

Comment

Working...
          X