it's not my video card, pls help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's not my video card, pls help

Hello again. I posted earlier about 1 long beep, 2 short beeps. Everyone (me included) figured that this was due to a video card packing it in. Well, I took it to a local place that has been more than helpful in the past, and he lent me a GForce2MX card to try while we wait for the new Raedon.

But lo-and-behold, I still get 1 long, 2 short on boot up. It eventually will go, with enough reset presses, but its getting really bad. I took out all the memory sticks(4) and tried em one at a time, same beeps. All I have in is a nic and a sound card. These shouldn't be causing this should they?

So, the $64k ? is "what is wrong here?" Motherboard? If the thing makes it past the post, there is no prob, just getting there is. Also, its not a hot or cold issue. It will do it from a 2 day rest or if its been on for 2 days straight and anywhere inbetween.

Pls help, as these beeps are driving me nuts, and also, I have to give the MX card back soon.
    AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

1 long beep, 2 short beeps is the error "code" for the video card! If it still does it with a new card it's either the mobo or the psu! What psu are you using (how many W)?
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I have a 250w ATX power supply. It is almost 3 years old, and the Asus P3B-f is 1.5 years old. Also, the other card(G4ceMX) is not new, its a loaner, but close to new. I have had some beeps with this card as well. This morning was bad. Have booted with a 98se boot disk to dos, and flashed my motherboard bios as I had flashed with the windows flasher before. I have read that the windows ver can lead to probs, so I did a dos flash. No beeps so far, but then it is like this. Goes days without a beep, then it will go nuts. Thanx for the kind help. Id really like to get this sorted out.

Comment

anybody??...

and bump

Comment

From the BIOS Beeps page , "1 long - 2 short(Beep) Display card or monitor connected error" ... if it's not your videocard, check the monitor connector and see if no pins are bend or broken off.

Jord.
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

Thanx, Jord. It did it however, at the computer store, on a near new 19incher. Kinda getting frustrated here. Hasnt done it for almost 2 days now tho...but thats par for the course.

Comment

Working...
            X